Review Edgar Allan Poe: The Musical (2009)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Edgar Allan POE, based on the life of the author, was given a world premiere concert production at Abbey Road studios, London in 2003. An album was released in 2003 as Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination (this contains some but not all of the songs from the stage version) and a musical album CD 'Edgar Allan Poe' (containing the complete musical score of 17 songs) and DVD of the POE Abbey Road concert were released in 2009. DVD

A dedicated Edgar Allan Poe thread can be found (in the "Books" category) here.......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-works-of-edgar-allan-poe.1765/

Last edited:

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3

Edgar Allan POE, based on the life of the author, was given a world premiere concert production at Abbey Road studios, London in 2003. An album was released in 2003 as Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination (this contains some but not all of the songs from the stage version) and a musical album CD 'Edgar Allan Poe' (containing the complete musical score of 17 songs) and DVD of the POE Abbey Road concert were released in 2009. DVD

Do I sense another Tim Burton/Johnny Depp film collaboration in the near future, based upon this?

Sunflower007

:emoji_relaxed:~ This was a beautiful play. I loved it from the music and the performances. The actor who played Poe has delivered an excellent performance. It was heart touching. Thank you for sharing this musical Dr Omega.:emoji_hugging:

*~:emoji_performing_arts:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:
"Ask me if I need him
Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games
These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

Sunflower007

Do I sense another Tim Burton/Johnny Depp film collaboration in the near future, based upon this?
:emoji_relaxed:~ It definitely sounds something that they would do. And I'd be down to see it.

*~:emoji_kissing_cat:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:

"Life is never what you planned
Life is moments you can't understand
And that is life

Holding to the ground
As the ground keeps shifting
Trying to keep sane
As the rules keep changing"

By: Falsettos

Doctor Omega

Here is a short feature about the 2003 concept album that led to the 2009 musical....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Eric Woolfson - Somewhere in the Audience / Immortal / Tiny Star

Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination (2003)

- Somewhere in the Audience (feat. Steve Balsamo)
- Immortal (feat. Steve Balsamo)
- Tiny Star (feat. Steve Balsamo)