Review Enlightenment (1983)

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I always found this story to be a bit ... narmy. The acting was just so over the top ridiculous that it kept pulling me out of what should have been a fascinatingly interesting story.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
An interesting story. The Eternals fascinate me. They are obviously eternal, but Wrack says as they don't exist in time no time could see them cease to exist. Well, they obviously do exist in time because they're interacting with the Ephemerals. It would suggest that time is as "B" theorists would have it.(See the metaphysics and time thread in philosophy for an explanation). All of time exists concurrently for the Eternals to delve into as they please.
Getting back to the story, Christopher Brown is superb as Mariner and I thought at the time that Keith Barron would have made an excellent Doctor. Leee John's performance was unfortunate, but hey! maybe he was portraying brilliantly an Eternal struggling to act all Ephemeral?!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Keith Barron would have made an excellent Doctor
Now that you mention it, yes he would have. Blasphemous to say, but I think I would rather Keith Barron had taken over instead of Colin.

I bet he would have stood his ground over the clown costume too, wishing to invest his Doctor with gravitas and a curious stillness.