Review Family (1990)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
It's like I was just talking about this one. Deja vu! :emoji_grinning:

Picard goes back home to an estranged brother who disagreed with his decision to leave home and join Starfleet, and his wife and son. Along the way, he debates leaving the life he has known for years and staying grounded, and also dealing with the loss of humanity to the Borg. As i stated before, the fight between them leads to Picard breaking down, and his brother teaching him a lesson in humility and encouraging him to not allow this setback to keep him from what he truly loves.

Then there's the story with Worf and his adoptive parents. You get to see that he really loves them, but never allowed himself to show it for fear that it made him less of a Klingon. I also love Guinan informing them that their son loves prune juice.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I think that was Patrick Stewart's fault. I think that originally it was just his brother that died of a heart attack or something, but the AKK-TORRR in Patrick needed more motivation for being upset, so Rene "burned to death" it was!

It kind of sours the viewing of family. But at least we got a classic motion picture out of it with "Generations"!

Oh, hang on. We didn't. :emoji_cry: