Review Farscape (1999)

Hux

Member: Rank 6

Can't believe there isn't a thread for this show yet. Such an underrated programme.

At first glance, the puppets make you think it's a bit hammy but the show is really dark and explores a lot complex and interesting stuff. Plus, one of the greatest TV villains too.

Last edited:

duzit

I loved this program, loved each character and the special effects were great for the time.
Could always count on a new adventure each week. My memory fails to remember how
they ended it. Maybe @Hux could bring back some memories on the ending...:emoji_cry::emoji_flushed::emoji_purple_heart:

duzit

I got the series on DVD a few years ago, also THE PEACEKEEPER WARS.
I'm not sure if it's showing on-line anywhere yet or not.
Oh, how nice for you, good move to buy the DVD's. The series is not playing anywhere that I have access to. I haven't checked Amazon, but I'm staying away from them. Enjoy binge-watching...:emoji_blush:

Simian Jack

Member: Rank 1
The first time I tried Farscape I tailed off about 4 or 5 eps in despite being generally impressed, liking the characters, actors, premise...dunno, something didn't click. Maybe the puppets were to Jim Henson (cuz, y'know, they were Jim Henson's company). But I caught some of the S1 final eps and it brought me back/ Been a mad fave ever since.

I'm especially taken with Aeryn Sun and her personal redemption arc from Nazi stormtrooper to fully awake and autonomous, for me she's the emotional heart of the series. I tear up at her scene in The Hidden Memory, and I cheer for her. It's powerful stuff if you've followed the whole arc to that point and made the emotional investment.

"You order me?? You will never order me again."

I've got all the DVDs too but for now they're all boxed up on the other side of the country.