Fun The Last Movie That You Watched?

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:)~ The last movie I've seen at home was Fanny(1961) on TCM. It was a good classic film with Leslie Caron & Horst Buchholz.

*~ :emoji_grapes:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games
These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

XhcnoirX

Member: Rank 1
Big House, U.S.A. (1955): Combining a prison break movie with a documentary-style procedural about the kidnapping of a kid, it's a solid and noir-ish movie that might not stand out too much, but ticks enough of the boxes to warrant a viewing. 7/10

clayton-12

Member: Rank 4
Wojna swiatów - nastepne stulecie / The War of the Worlds: Next Century (Pioter Szulkin, 1981) - allegorical Eastern Bloc sci-fi black comedy (?) political drama

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM (1944) 4/5.

An American film based on the 1941 novel of the same name by AJ Cronin. The film was adapted by Nunnally Johnson, produced by Joseph L Mankiewicz and directed by John M Stahl. It stars Gregory Peck, Vincent Price, Roddy McDowall, Rose Stradner, Thomas Mitchell, Benson Fong and Sir Cedric Hardwicke. It is an engrossing film that becomes slightly sentimental near the end. Well worth the journey.

clayton-12

Member: Rank 4
O-bi, O-ba - Koniec cywilizacji / O-Bi, O-Ba - The End of Civilization (Piotr Szulkin, 1985) As the last few hundred survivors of a nuclear holocaust succumb to disease and insanity while their world literally crumbles around them, a psychologist desperately searches for some biblical truth that might save them from themselves. Of the three Szulkin films I’ve watched, this is his masterpiece, and possibly the greatest film within the ‘post-apocalypse’ subgenre of sci-fi (although, with respect, there’s not many reference points with which this could usefully be compared to Mad Max II: The Road Warrior).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089714/combined

Towasi

Member: Rank 1
I watched the Netflix version of my favorite movie The Third Man. What is the Netflix version you ask? It's the same movie we all know, except this Netflix streaming version displays subtitles for all non-English speech including: German and Russian dialog, Latin funeral rites, the play that Anna appears in, and even for characters in the movie in the theater where Holly and Anna are hiding! And these subs can't be turned off, so it's an altered version of the movie. The one thing it does the most is diminish the impression that Martins is a fish-out-of-water.

Sunflower007

:)~ The last movie I've seen tonight was Romeo & Juliet(1968). The Franco Zeffirelli version and later on I will watch the 1996 Baz Luhrman's version. I luv them both so much.:emoji_heart_decoration: But I have to admit that Zeffirelli version is closer the the play.

*~ :emoji_performing_arts:~*

:emoji_musical_score:
"
Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

Last edited:

Sunflower007

:)~ For me the best movies I've seen in 2016 is Loving and Batman vs Superman. As for the worst would have to be Office Christmas Party,

*~:emoji_8ball:~*

:emoji_musical_score:
"
Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
BY DAWN’S EARLY LIGHT (1990) 4/5.

Also known as THE GRAND TOUR, this is an HBO film, first aired in 1990. It’s based on the 1983 novel TRINITY'S CHILD, written by William Prochnau. This film is one of the last to depict the events of a fictional third world war before the collapse of the Soviet Union and the cessation of the Cold War, which finally ended in 1991. It was produced by Thomas M Hammel, directed by Jack Sholder and stars Powers Boothe, Rebecca De Mornay, James Earl Jones, Martin Landau, Rip Torn, Jeffrey DeMunn and Darren McGavin. For some reason, since January 20 this year, I've been watching a lot of documentaries and films on the subjects of nuclear terrorism and nuclear war. I can’t imagine why…