Fun Film & TV Soundtracks

Doctor Omega

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
IS PARIS BURNING

A lesser known war film. starring Charles Boyer, that did not do spectacularly at the box office, but I think this track is lovely and this is probably the best version of it. T

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I understand that Harlan Ellison considered it underrated, even at the time, so you are not alone. It is one of those films that I will have to sit down and watch properly myself.

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
I understand that Harlan Ellison considered it underrated, even at the time, so you are not alone. It is one of those films that I will have to sit down and watch properly myself.
It's really good if you've actually read the original Oz books by L. Frank Baum. I went into it (I believe I was in seventh grade), thinking I would be getting a lame MGM Oz spin-off, instead I got a dark, more serious, and more faithful to the books movie (it's a combination of the second and third books).

elanor

They will never make the majority of top ten lists, but what film scores - or even individual tracks - from a relatively overlooked or obscure film score would you hold up as worthy of a listen?
Obscure soundtracks I often hear:
Proof - Stephen Warbeck
Faith/The Great Doctor - Oh Joon-sung
Asoka - Anu Malik
King Arthur - Hans Zimmer
Prince of Persia - Harry Gregson-Williams
Life as a House - Mark Isham
Dragon Tiger Gate - Kenji Kawai
BiChunMoo - Seong-jun Kim
Bahubali - M. M. Keeravani

Last edited:

Towasi

Member: Rank 1

1984 (Nineteen Eighty Four) Blu-ray special feature Isolated Score Track by Eurythmics [22 minutes]

Dark, disturbing, unsettling, understated, and haunting movie and music.

Doctor Omega

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
O Lucky Man Soundtrack by Alan Price...

Two songs from the above soundtrack, from the film starring Malcolm McDowell.

Last edited:

elanor

Since one is allowed only 5 embedded media, I add the examples for the last four soundtracks here and add one of my other favourites soundtracks.
Life as a House - Mark Isham
Dragon Tiger Gate - Kenji Kawai
BiChunMoo - Seong-jun Kim(this one is probably the most obscure, there are only two pieces of the 20 pieces OST on youtube)
Bahubali - M. M. Keeravani
Urumi - Deepak Dev

filmfan95

The score for Young Sherlock Holmes is pretty good. I seriously wish that movie was canon with the original Arthur Conan Doyle's books, but the very first story (A Study in Scarlet) prevents that from being a thing. Sad, because this feels like a very plausible origin story.

Doctor Omega

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I have always liked this track, entitled ARTHUSA, from the John Barry soundtrack of KING KONG (1976).

Doctor Omega

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
The score for Young Sherlock Holmes is pretty good. I seriously wish that movie was canon with the original Arthur Conan Doyle's books, but the very first story (A Study in Scarlet) prevents that from being a thing. Sad, because this feels like a very plausible origin story.

Last edited: