Review Freaks (1932)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
fwaef.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

A circus' beautiful trapeze artist agrees to marry the leader of side-show performers, but his deformed friends discover she is only marrying him for his inheritance.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Great movie! The dialogue had some classic lines. I wish I could see the original film - they took a razor blade to it and cut out so many contraversial scenes (for instance, they showed what the freaks did to Hercules - they castrated him and he wound up singing soprano in the freak show). And they had to add that milquetoast ending where Hans is revealed not to have taken part in deforming Cleopatra. The bitch deserved it! Oh and that stupid prologue. Luckily you have the option of skipping that on the DVD. I think either you love this movie or you hate it - there’s no middle ground.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Schlitzie the Pinhead, What's True and What's Legend

I sit on the set of FREAKS (thanks, Photoshop) and show new and rare photos, and try to sort out the facts from the fiction in the life of this famous sideshow freak. Many doubtful things have gotten attached to Schlitzie's story, and he deserves better. Schlitzie came on the scene helpless, without a history or even a real name, but he found a home and a family in the sideshow.