Review Galactica 1980 (1980)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
00.jpg

Your thoughts on this show....

When the Battlestar Galactica finally arrives at Earth, they find they must subtly raise its tech level while protecting it from the Cylons.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Cancellation

The program was poorly received during its run and was cancelled after only ten episodes, many of which were multi-part stories. The final episode shown was "The Return of Starbuck", which featured a guest appearance by Dirk Benedict from the original series. Larson even began to develop a sequel to this episode, but the series was cancelled during production of episode 11, "The Day They Kidnapped Cleopatra", which remained unfinished.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I sort of liked Galactica 80 but only so far as the premise! I wasn't keen on the kids and the two leads taking them here and there as such but I'd rather have this than the reboot of ten years back which I didn't like! The Cylons moving in on the earth was a dead end to be honest. Just how long could you hold them off?
JB

Doctor Omega

qew.jpg

I watched THE RETURN OF STARBUCK the other day, the only episode which some fans regard as canonical. The ending made less sense than me after three pints of lager, as regards the complete disappearance of that pregnant princess from the narrative. And just who was the father anyway?

All very baffling.

Maybe it looked a genius script on paper.....

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Well people have said that after the three Cylons were destroyed, Starbuck could have rejoined the fleet with the Cylon raider! but I think the whole episode took place over a long period of time! Anjela was presumed to be one of the Seraphs from the original series but why sacrifice Starbuck like that if she could just hop in and out of the ship he launched for her and the baby?
JB