Spoilers Game of Thrones (2011)

Capt Jack Doicy

Member: Rank 1
qfwwf.jpg

Your thoughts on this show........

Nine noble families fight for control over the mythical lands of Westeros, while an ancient enemy returns after being dormant for thousands of years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Jaimie will kill Cersei.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas

Member: Rank 4
If anyone will end up killing her I agree it'll probably be him. I'm not sure who'd they wanna kill this season considering we're SO close to the FINAL season and that's usually were you'd expect them to really want to go and fuck with some of the bigger characters. Although Game of Thrones like to be surprising in ways that sometimes sadly end up not becoming a surprise because they've done it too often.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Please forgive my ignorance, but I do wonder....

Is this even set on Earth - in some forgotten pseudo past that never got chronicled by history?

Or is it just set on another planet?

Has this question been settled definitively?

Or is it a source of debate?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Britain's tallest man, who played a giant in Game of Thrones, has died, reportedly of a heart attack, at the age of 36.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-39095305

Neil Fingleton, from Durham, was 7ft 7in tall, and was a basketball player in the US before moving into acting.

He played Mag The Mighty in the TV fantasy series, and also worked on X-Men and Dr Who, in which he played the Fisher King monster.

His title as Britain's tallest man was confirmed in 2007.

Speaking on his decision to become an actor, which followed his retirement from basketball due to injury, Mr Fingleton said: "There are tens of millions of people in this country, and I'm the tallest, which is a very special thing.

"So why not use it to my advantage and be recognised, not just for being tall but for being a talented actor."

duzit

Member: Rank 6
I remember him, but I don't know how? I'm having one of those moments they call "senior" :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Hux

Some of it has been amazing. Some a little slow.

I am starting to wish they'd get on with the war. We've had enough build up now.

But that would bring the show to an end, and they ain't gonna kill this cash cow yet.

Doctor Omega

And, even then, I doubt that they will be able to resist, somehow, some way, an inevitable - going back to the well - spin-off series - and the books' author be damned! Unless he has the power to stop it, if he wishes?

Arrogant Demon

I'm half way through a "Feast for Crows" and I prefer the show. I think because the TV show moves faster. But I also think it's because of the great visuals, like Dany riding dragons, the city of Mereen. And the Battle of the Bastards.
I usually prefer the book.
Although it's interesting and makes Ramsay's defeat more satisfying, I could've lived without Sansa being his victim. I think they merged Sansa's character with another, so I guess that's just as bad because the same horrible stuff happens. I've read that Ramsay is actually worse in the books. I haven't gotten to a Dance with Dragons, and I think that's where most of Ramsay's story occurs.

When GOT first premiered, I decided it wasn't for me when Jaime pushed Bran. It was probably that on top of Dany being raped on her wedding night and her brother abusing her.
Last summer I decided to give it a try and binged the whole series in less than a month. I've watched it twice since. Only thing was Jon Snow's death(and reincarnation) was such a big deal that even though I didn't follow the show, I already knew about it.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Parallel universe did not occur to me. I had assumed it was supposed to be an actual history of the Earth that had been forgotten in the mists of time, sort of thing....

But parallel universe does make more sense, coz as far as I know, no flying dragon bones have been dug up anywhere yet! :emoji_alien:

Gavin

VIP
I'm a book fan. I read the first book before I saw the first season and was pleased at how close to the story they kept it. I watched the next couple of seasons in parallel with reading the books and as they began to diverge more I struggled to keep track. I've read all 5 (7) books and have yet to see past about the 3rd episode of season 4 of the show.

Arrogant Demon

I'm thinking about mainly saying only GOT phrases, like "The night is dark and full of terrors" or "Winter is coming" today at dinner. And also "what is dead may never die" since it's Easter. But the only outcome I can picture is me being taking to a mental hospital, so I've decided against it.

Last edited:

Arrogant Demon

There's also a theory that this is set far in the future, since there are human beings that have evolved, such as the wargs. I guess something major happened, maybe an ice age that wiped out technology and changed the shape of the continents.