Fun Game Soundtracks

croft_alice

Member: Rank 4
Does anyone of you like the game soundtracks,if it does what is your favorite?

For me are the soundtracks from tomb raider games and resident evil 6 and revelations 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I always liked the ambient music that appears throughout Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. The score that was done for Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is really great, and very much like Williams' own work.

And strangely, I could sit and listen to the theme from Tetris for hours.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I definitely enjoy myself some game soundtracks. I like the soundtracks to Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, Dragon Age: Inquisition and various Assassins Creed soundtracks.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I particularly enjoyed the soundtrack to the original TOMB RAIDER in 1996. I am also quite fond of the soundtrack to STAR FIGHTER 3000 and most of the GTA games.

croft_alice

I particularly enjoyed the soundtrack to the original TOMB RAIDER in 1996. I am also quite fond of the soundtrack to STAR FIGHTER 3000 and most of the GTA games.
Troels B.Folmann-tomb raider legend and underworld

Last edited:

ant-mac

I don't want a video game soundtrack loosely based on the original - I want the original.

I'm listening to it now on YouTube.

Did you ever play the original 1996 TOMB RAIDER?

croft_alice

I don't want a video game soundtrack loosely based on the original - I want the original.

I'm listening to it now on YouTube.

Did you ever play the original 1996 TOMB RAIDER?
Well,this is the original soundtrack,not a copy,they just remastered the trilogy ( the games).

ant-mac

Well,this is the original soundtrack,not a copy,they just remastered the trilogy ( the games).
To what TOMB RAIDER games are you referring, when you speak of the remastered trilogy?

Do you mean TOMB RAIDER: LEGEND, TOMB RAIDER: ANNIVERSARY and TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD?

croft_alice

To what TOMB RAIDER games are you referring, when you speak of the remastered trilogy?

Do you mean TOMB RAIDER: LEGEND, TOMB RAIDER: ANNIVERSARY and TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD?
Yes,this are the games that they remastered for ps3 and i want to buy the same trilogy for xbox360, because the xbox one console can read them

ant-mac

Yes,this are the games that they remastered for ps3 and i want to buy the same trilogy for xbox360, because the xbox one console can read them
None of those three video games is the original TOMB RAIDER game from 1996, with the original soundtrack that I have been referring to in my previous posts. And as you are referring to remastered versions of these three video games, they are even later versions of those three video games.

The original versions of TOMB RAIDER: LEGEND, TOMB RAIDER: ANNIVERSARY and TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD were all part of the second era of TOMB RAIDER and came along approximately ten years after the original TOMB RAIDER game from 1996. Therefore, how could any of them contain the original soundtrack from the original TOMB RAIDER game from 1996?

As I said earlier, I don't want a video game soundtrack loosely based on the original - I want the original.

Here is a link to what I was listening to...

What you are referring to might be based upon this original video game soundtrack, but it is not the original video game soundtrack.

Nathan McCree created the original TOMB RAIDER soundtrack, not Troels Folmann.

croft_alice

Yes,but the first song from the video that you provide( i saw it too on yout ube )is on the main menu ot the trilogy,now if you played the remastered games,then you know that in legend and underworld the soundtrack is made by troel b. folmann

ant-mac

Yes,but the first song from the video that you provide( i saw it too on yout ube )is on the main menu ot the trilogy,now if you played the remastered games,then you know that in legend and underworld the soundtrack is made by troel b. folmann
How is this relevant to my original post?

A version of the first instrumental piece from the soundtrack of the first TOMB RAIDER game might well appear in a later video game and I know Troels Folmann did the music for later TOMB RAIDER games, but neither of those facts are relevant.

You asked...
Does anyone of you like the game soundtracks,if it does what is your favourite?
To which - in part - I answered...
I particularly enjoyed the soundtrack to the original TOMB RAIDER in 1996.
For some reason, you then posted...
This had no bearing on my earlier posts, so I replied...
You then incorrectly claimed...
This is wrong, because none of those video games or their later, remastered, versions are the original, first TOMB RAIDER game with the original, first TOMB RAIDER soundtrack.

You asked what video game soundtracks I like and I replied. And none of those video game soundtracks were by Troels Folmann. In fact, it has been said that he is responsible for refreshing - for the first time - the classical music style of the old TOMB RAIDER video game series. For coming up with a new way of perceiving Lara's scores, a much more electronic approach and trailer modern orchestral feeling. Therefore, it is obvious that any or all of his work might be based upon the original soundtrack by Nathan McCree, but it is not the original soundtrack.

croft_alice

How is this relevant to my original post?

A version of the first instrumental piece from the soundtrack of the first TOMB RAIDER game might well appear in a later video game and I know Troels Folmann did the music for later TOMB RAIDER games, but neither of those facts are relevant.

You asked...

To which - in part - I answered...

For some reason, you then posted...

This had no bearing on my earlier posts, so I replied...

You then incorrectly claimed...

This is wrong, because none of those video games or their later, remastered, versions are the original, first TOMB RAIDER game with the original, first TOMB RAIDER soundtrack.

You asked what video game soundtracks I like and I replied. And none of those video game soundtracks were by Troels Folmann. In fact, it has been said that he is responsible for refreshing - for the first time - the classical music style of the old TOMB RAIDER video game series. For coming up with a new way of perceiving Lara's scores, a much more electronic approach and trailer modern orchestral feeling. Therefore, it is obvious that any or all of his work might be based upon the original soundtrack by Nathan McCree, but it is not the original soundtrack.
Yes,maybe you're right. I don't want to fight with anyone for a silly thing like this,especially with you,but still i like this soundtracks no matter who took credits for them,i've downloaded them in my phone and i listen them any time,even the new ones