Review Comic Con

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
ThinkstockPhotos-477455399.jpg

00.jpg

Your funny anecdotes...

Your horror stories....

And, even if you have never been to comic con, what celebrities have you met over the year - and in what circumstances?

The celebrities who were everything you expected.....

The stars who destroyed your image of them....

Tell your tales here....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Being a skinflint, the only autographed photo I have ever got so far at a comic con has been Colin Baker, which was £15; I already got other Doctor's by post in decades past.

Any magic at these things is now, in my opinion, hugely overshadowed by corporate greed. No stalls ever seem to have reasonable prices. And pay a fortune for that cheeseburger at that food van - or starve! :emoji_confused:

I must admit, I cringed during a Red Dwarf panel where the cast on stage were asked to hum the theme tune, which, after a kind of stunned hesitation, they did. Maybe it was just me and my bleakly cynical outlook on the planet, but it just came across as resigned seals, performing for their supper. :emoji_confused:

Despite all that, it is nice to see heroes of decades past in the flesh.

Doctor Omega

Marvel Skipping Comic Con Hall H Panel

marvel-skipping-comic-con-hall-h-panel-696x464.jpg

Those hoping for a bunch of Marvel movie news out of this year’s San Diego Comic Con in July, you’re in for a disappointment.

Doing press rounds for “Avengers: Infinity War,” Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige says though the studio will have a presence at this year’s convention, there will not be a Hall H panel.

Speaking with Screen Rant, Feige says the one panel they are doing is the ten-year retrospective celebration:

“We’re going to do um, of course, Marvel will have a presence there. Marvel Studios will have a presence there only in that there will be 10th anniversary materials and a 10th anniversary panel. Not doing Hall H this year.”

With “Ant-Man and the Wasp” in cinemas two weeks before the convention, and with the fourth “Avengers” under wraps, Marvel would have very little to show off bar some early footage from “Captain Marvel” to the skipping out this year is understandable.

Also today, “Avengers: Infinity War” co-director Joe Russo has commented on one bit of fan confusion that has popped up in the past year – the timeline. Specifically the opening of “Spider-Man: Homecoming” includes a graphic which says events in the film take place eight years after the attack on New York.

That doesn’t match with the timeline with the rest of the MCU. Speaking with CBM, Russo says: “it was quite controversial… Yes, it was a very incorrect eight years.” This marks the first time someone at Marvel has gone on the record about the continuity error.

“Avengers: Infinity War” opens worldwide this week.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Alas, my lack of finances has kept me away from the biggest nerd congregation yet. It has finally come to Iowa the last several years, and every year, I try to save some cash for it, but life seems to continually get in the way. I do hope that, in the next few years, I can get enough scratch saved up to attend San Diego ComiCon, the biggest of all.

Doctor Omega

“Thrones” & “Westworld” Skipping Comic Con

thrones-westworld-skipping-comic-con-696x464.jpg

HBO has announced that they are sitting out of this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, scrapping potential panels for both “Game of Thrones” and “Westworld”.

A rep for HBO says: “Due to production schedules and air dates for Game of Thrones and Westworld, these series will not be presented at San Diego Comic-Con this summer. HBO has a longstanding relationship with SDCC, and we are very grateful for the fans’ enthusiastic response over the years. We look forward to returning in the future.”

This would mark the first time ‘Thrones’ has ever skipped its annual Comic Con appearance where it is often one of the most-anticipated panels at the event. The “Westworld” S2 finale airs June 24th, while “Game of Thrones” is set to return for its final season in 2019.