Fun What TV Shows Are You Watching/Rewatching at the Moment?

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
This fan video not only has great Avon clips from Blakes7 but also highlights Gary Numan, post 2000 Numan a different artiste than pre 2000

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Well, I'm a classic tv kinda guy, as you know. But two returning shows I am or will be glued to are Red Dwarf xii starting on Thursday October 12 and have just started the new series 9 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. First episode was great as Larry David has come up with the idea of a Ayatollah based musical called FATWA!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Star Cops, cult '80s sci-fi series, is being revived on audio by Big Finish

EastEnders actress Rakhee Thakrar will join the original leads of the space thriller.

gallery-1510226580-philip-trevor-rakhee-and-david-calder.jpg

A full 30 years after it originally launched on BBC Two, the cult series Star Cops is being revisited.

The revival of the futuristic police thriller is the latest project from Big Finish, best known for its series of Doctor Who audio plays.

Originally airing nine episodes in 1987, Star Cops was set in 2027 and followed Nathan Spring (David Calder), the unwilling new commander of the International Space Police Force. Despite its far-out setting, the series is still celebrated for its dark, edgy and (no pun intended) grounded portrayal of life out among the stars.

Three decades later Calder will reprise his role of Spring, along with fellow original cast members Trevor Cooper (Colin Devis) and Linda Newton (Pal Kenzy), for new adventures.

Joining them will be ex-EastEnders actress Rakhee Thakrar and former Brookside star Philip Olivier.

Two new box sets of Star Cops audio plays will be released next year: part one is due for release in May 2018 and part two in December 2018. A total of eight individual episodes will form one overall story under the title, Star Cops: Mother Earth.

"Mother Earth is our take on what a second series on TV could have been," said producer David Richardson. "We've imagined a bigger budget, more action and a new theme tune, but we've also kept the scripts authentic to the original show. And they have a dangerous new adversary to fight, a thread which will weave throughout these episodes."

The four adventures in the first box set are:

1.1 - One of Our Cops Is Missing - by Andrew Smith

1.2 - Tranquility and Other Illusions - by Ian Potter

1.3 - Lockdown - by Christopher Hatherall

1.4 - The Thousand Ton Bomb - by Guy Adams

The adventures contained in the second box set will be made known soon.

The two Star Cops four-disc box sets are available to pre-order now priced at £28 on CD or £25 on download each. Or you can pre-order series one and two together at £50 on CD or £45 on download from bigfinish.com.

Revisit and journey through the original show here.....

Feel free to leave your own reviews of the episodes...... :emoji_alien:

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/your-journey-into-star-cops-starts-here.581/

Last edited:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I've been enjoying series two of Glitch, The Australian series about seven people returning to life after many years and centuries in some cases! It's a Netflix produced show and I don't think it's available yet on DVD, but it's well worth a watch believe me!
JB

Doctor Omega

125a7565-2cc3-4760-bca8-084fdb35b3e5.jpg

New book just out.....

Scarred For Life Volume One is an affectionate look at the darker side of pop culture in the 1970s. Public information films, scary kids' TV show, bleak adult dramas, dystopian sci-fi, savage horror films, violent comics, horror-themed toys and sweets and the huge boom in paranormal paraphernalia; all this and much more is covered in depth. Prepare to relive your childhood nightmares. The things that made us... Scarred For Life!

scarred-for-life-70s.jpg

Product Details
Copyright
Stephen Brotherstone and Dave Lawrence (Standard Copyright Licence)
Edition
First Edition
Publisher
Lonely Water Books
Published
23 March 2017
Language
English
Pages
Binding
Perfect-bound Paperback
Interior Ink
Black & white
Weight
1.19 kg
Dimensions (centimetres)
14.81 wide x 20.98 tall

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Me too. Not sure about the upcoming 80's volume, but this one definitely. I even recognise the snack bag on the cover..... :emoji_alien:

28557e1741a152ea3e530502d0824640--vintage-sweets-retro-sweets.jpg

Yes, just stick a werewolf, or a vampire or a skeleton on the packet and I threw my weekly pocket money at it back then. :emoji_confused:

Doctor Omega

I remember these intros, but have only just realised that the actor behind the make up went on to play Tarkin in ROGUE ONE with the help of c.g.i.

133254.c85f08b4-d1ca-40a7-ab94-143c695eba19.jpg

Last edited: