Review Get Out (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
sht.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie......

A young African-American visits his white girlfriend's parents for the weekend, where his simmering uneasiness about their reception of him eventually reaches a boiling point.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Yes, I just got back from seeing it today.

I was aware of the good reviews and was hoping that it would actually be good - and it was.

I liked the fact that it kept anticipating what the audience might be thinking and was clever enough to be ahead of them. Really well acted, well written and well plotted. It has been out for a while, yet the audience was fairly full, so word of mouth and the good reviews must be working. :emoji_alien:

Arrogant Demon

Member: Rank 1
I went on a Sunday afternoon and it was practically sold out when I bought my ticket. It may have sold out.

Yes, I thought I had it figured out and liked that it led you there and then it was something different.

I also googled and watched youtube videos of interesting symbolism and trivia that I missed. I wished I had watched twice and see what I could've picked up on my own. But it was fun/interesting to read all the details.

Daniel Kaluuya was in one of my favorite Black Mirror episodes, Fifteen Million Merits. He is very memorable and good.

Doctor Omega

"Get Out" Disc Gets Darker Alternate Ending...

Jordan Peele’s critical and box-office smash “Get Out” is not only a stunning debut film, it remains the best reviewed movie of 2017 on Rotten Tomatoes to date.

Now comes word that the film is set to arrive on Digital HD on May 9th and on Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on May 23rd. What’s even more exciting is the disc version will give you the option to see the far more nihilistic alternate ending.

Said ending will include commentary by Peele, as will the film itself and the various deleted scenes included on the disc. There’s also a featurette and a Q&A with Peele and the cast.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Finally saw it and enjoyed it a lot.

A necessary swipe at the West Wing liberal that utilised Whitford perfectly.

The alternative ending would have been better; would've packed a bigger punch (plus would have been a nice call-back to Romero's Living Dead ending).

Doctor Omega

Peele Talks Possibility Of “Get Out 2”

Filmmaker Jordan Peele says he isn’t ruling out the possibility of a second “Get Out” film and is going to “seriously consider” making one.

Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter during an event for Oscar nominees, with the film nominated for a total of four Academy Awards including Best Picture, Peele was asked about the possibility of making a “Get Out” follow-up. He replied:

“I will definitely, seriously consider it. I love that universe and feel like there is more story to tell. I don’t know what it is now, but there are some loose ends… you know the movie.”

Peele is presently planning another original thriller, currently untitled, as part of a deal he signed with Universal.

Doctor Omega

Jordan Peele Breaks Down "Get Out" Fan Theories from Reddit | Vanity Fair

Jordan Peele, writer and director of "Get Out," reads, confirms, and debunks fan theories from Reddit. Is "Get Out" just an imagined scenario of Rod the TSA Agent? What does the deer really symbolize? It the movie actually a sequel to Being John Malkovich? Jordan Peele answers these questions and points out easter eggs and secret messages you may not have noticed in the film.