News Glass (2019)

Discussion in 'Film: In Production' started by Doctor Omega, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

rfefw.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

Security guard David Dunn uses his supernatural abilities to track Kevin Wendell Crumb, a disturbed man who has twenty-four personalities.

Back to the previous movie....

SPLIT....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/split-2016.6027/

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Doctor Omega, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

I still haven't seen Split, but I've heard good things about it. And I loved Unbreakable. This is exciting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gavin

Gavin Member: Rank 6
    VIP

Hadn't realised until recently that Split was part of the Unbreakable universe. Will be looking for a copy to watch this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Shyamalan’s “Glass” Begins Production

shyamalans-glass-begins-production-696x464.jpg

Filming kicked off today on “Glass,” M. Night Shyamalan’s latest thriller which serves as a sequel to both “Split” and “Unbreakable”. To announce the news, the director has unleashed the first photo from the set.

Universal Pictures and Disney’s Buena Vista International are teaming for the project, a rare collaboration between the two studios. Universal is releasing “Glass” domestically while BVI will release the film internationally.

The film finds Bruce Willis’ David Dunn pursuing James McAvoy’s Kevin Wendell Crumb and his superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Samuel L. Jackson’s Elijah Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

Shyamalan and Jason Blum produce the project which also stars Anya Taylor-Joy. Shyamalan, Jason Blum, Ashwin Rajan and Marc Bienstock are producing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Full Trailer....

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

They forgot the part where The Beast tears off Mark Wahlberg's head as he's screaming at the trees for killing the people in the lost village where a lonely man is talking to them after they're dead because only he can see them.

But in all honesty, that trailer looks lit!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

TV Spot......

9. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Shyamalan Talks “Glass” Length, Accessibility

shyamalan-talks-glass-length-accessibility-696x464.jpg

The first big film of next year is M. Night Shyamalan’s “Glass,” the long-awaited “Unbreakable” sequel that also serves as a follow-up to last year’s hit “Split”.

Speaking with Digital Spy this week, Shyamalan talks about the process of editing “Glass” and indicated he started out with a rather long script and then cut it down to a more reasonable size in editing:

“The script was really long, it was almost 150 pages and the first cut [assembly cut] of the movie was 3 hours and 20 minutes, it was really long. Then it started tightening [and] tightening until we got to the 2hrs 8mins that you can see.”

Shyamalan also spoke about how he convinced Universal and Disney to come to a deal to combine the franchises into one film, and it turns out it was relatively painless as he promised to make it accessible for those who haven’t seen the previous films – no recap needed:

“I said to Disney and Universal, ‘Pretend there’s no previous movies and I came to you and I said that I want to make a movie about a hospital that treats people who believe they’re superheroes and three of their patients escape’. I want to make you that movie, will you make that movie? Oh and by the way, it stars Bruce Willis, Sam Jackson, James McAvoy and Sarah Paulson. Will you make that movie?’ Yes, you’ll make that movie… Person XYZ who hasn’t seen the other two will come to see that.”

“Glass” opens in cinemas on January 18th.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

FmLNXj9.jpg

11. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Glass reviewed by Mark Kermode

12. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator