Review Godless (2017) Nov 22nd

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Photos: Soderbergh’s Western Series “Godless”

photos-soderberghs-godless-western-series-696x464.jpg

“Out of Sight” director Steven Soderbergh and screen writer Scott Frank are re-teaming for TV shortly with the announcement today of a November 22nd premiere date for “Godless,” the pair’s new seven-part western drama series for Netflix.

Set in the 1880s, Jeff Daniels plays outlaw Frank Griffin who, along with his band of murderous cohorts, is hunting down Roy Goode (Jack O’Connell), one of their own who turned on their brotherhood.

Roy hides out in a New Mexican mining town run mostly by women where he meets the tough widow Alice Fletcher (Michelle Dockery), and the two prepare for a showdown with Frank. Scott McNairy co-stars in the series which released its first batch of photos today.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
"Great! Another show about strong women? PC madness gone, um, Mad! Bunch of snowflake SJWs!" -Donald Trump supporter to FOX News

Personally, I think it looks pretty good. Can't wait to see this.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Netflix’s “Godless” To Remain One And Done?

netflixs-godless-to-remain-one-and-done-696x464.jpg

Though conceived as limited one-off series with no plans for further episodes, both AMC’s “The Night Manager” and HBO’s “Big Little Lies” have been given the green light for second seasons – suggesting if a limited series is popular or well-received enough it could change gears to an ongoing one.

The cast of Netflix’s very well received new seven-part western drama “Godless” however firmly believe that the show should remain a limited engagement. Speaking at Sunday’s New York City premiere, actor Sam Waterston tells THR: “I think it’s a novel. I don’t think they’ll make a Godless 2.” His co-star Thomas Brodie-Sangster added:

“It’s got a really nice beginning, middle and end. It’s very popular now-a-days to just make something go on and on and on. At some point, it becomes some sort of money-maker thing and I think as a viewer you can see that and sense that. For me, unless they do something amazing with the writing and as long as it’s appropriate, I think it’s nice to actually have a Netflix show that comes out like this where you have the beginning, middle and end.”

Jeff Daniels stars in the series as notorious criminal Frank Griffin who, along with his gang of fellow outlaws, seek revenge against his former protege Roy Goode (Jack O’Connell). Roy finds help in the form of recent widower Alice Fletcher (Michelle Dockery), who resides in the female dominated town of Le Belle, New Mexico.

“Godless” is streaming now on Netflix.