News Godzilla vs Kong (2020)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
afsdfdf.jpg

godzilla-vs-kong-is-a-monster-brawl-696x464.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

The world is beset by the appearance of monstrous creatures, but one of them may be the only one who can save humanity.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Adam Wingard To Direct “Godzilla vs. Kong”

adam-wingard-to-helm-godzilla-vs-kong-696x464.jpg

“You’re Next” and “The Guest” director Adam Wingard is set to helm the upcoming “Godzilla vs. Kong” for Legendary Entertainment and Warner Bros. Pictures.

In March, Legendary set a writers room to work on the script for the project with scribes like Terry Rossio (“Pirates of the Caribbean”), T.S. Nowlin (“The Maze Runner”), J. Michael Straczynski (“Sense8”), Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne (“Star Trek Beyond”), Jack Paglen (“Transcendence”), Lindsey Beer (“The Kingkiller Chronicle”) and Cat Vasko involved.

The film will be the fourth movie in a series that began with Garth Edwards’ 2014 “Godzilla” reboot, continued with Jordan Vogt-Roberts’ “Kong: Skull Island” earlier this year, and will next sees Michael Dougherty’s “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” arriving in 2019.

“Godzilla vs. Kong” is now set to rule on a Memorial Day weekend, opening May 22nd 2020. Wingard’s next feature, a film adaptation of the acclaimed manga “Death Note,” hits Netflix in July.

Doctor Omega

“Godzilla vs. Kong” Is A ‘Monster Brawl’

godzilla-vs-kong-is-a-monster-brawl-696x464.jpg

Filmmaker Adam Wingard, out doing promotional rounds for the upcoming “Death Note” film on Netflix, has spoken a bit about his in the works next project – the big-budget “Godzilla vs. Kong” film at Warner Bros. Pictures.

He reveals to Screen Crush that his biggest goal with the film is to get people being moved and sympathetic towards the monster characters in between all the kaiju-on-kaiju action:

“It’s a massive monster brawl movie. There’s lots of monsters going crazy on each other, but at the end of the day I want there to be an emotional drive to it. I want you to be emotionally invested in them. I think that’s what’s going to make it cool…

I really want you to take those characters seriously. I want you to be emotionally invested, not just in the human characters, but actually in the monsters. If I had my way, I want people to really be teary-eyed at the end of the movie, and be that invested in to what’s going on.”

“Godzilla vs. Kong” is currently targeting a 2020 release and will follow after the “Godzilla” sequel which filmmaker Michael Dougherty is currently directing.

Doctor Omega

Wingard Teases “Godzilla vs. Kong” Continuity

wingard-teases-godzilla-vs-kong-continuity-696x464.jpg

Filmmaker Adam Wingard has confirmed that his upcoming “Godzilla vs. Kong” will be tightly linked with Michael Dougherty’s currently filming “Godzilla” sequel.

Wingard, speaking with SlashFilm about his “Death Note” adaptation which arrives shortly on Netflix, confirms Universal’s giant monster showdown film will be set in the present day and discusses the crossover potential with the previous films like 2014’s “Godzilla” and this year’s “Kong Skull Island”:

“Ours is more in continuity with the sequel to Godzilla right now. They’re doing Godzilla 2 with Mike Dougherty directing, so our film is in present day.

We have a couple characters from Godzilla 2 in ours, but it’ll be interesting to see how Kong has fared over the years. You see him in that film and he’s just constantly under attack.

Things are going wrong and there’s probably been lots of human intervention since then. It’ll be interesting to see a more rugged, a bit more aged Kong in this film.”

The “Godzilla vs. Kong” script comes from a writer’s room under the guidance of “Pirates of the Caribbean” co-writer Terry Rossio. It is currently targeting a May 22nd 2020 release.

Doctor Omega

Godzilla vs. Kong
Filming is reportedly slated to begin on Adam Wingard’s “Godzilla vs. Kong” from October 1st and run through to February 2019. The production, the fourth film in a combined universe effort that began with 2014’s “Godzilla” and last year’s “Kong: Skull Island,” will be shot on sound stages in Atlanta. The movie is currently slated for a May 22nd 2020 release.

Doctor Omega

Julian Dennison Joins “Godzilla vs. Kong”

julian-dennison-joins-godzilla-vs-kong-696x464.jpg

“Deadpool 2” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople” star Julian Dennison has reportedly joined the cast of Adam Wingard’s “Godzilla vs. Kong” at Legendary Pictures.

The project marks the fourth installment in Legendary’s MonsterVerse following 2014’s “Godzilla,” 2017’s “Kong: Skull Island,” and next year’s “Godzilla” sequel.

Various cast members from the latter are expected to return, but it’s not clear which ones at this time. Specifics of Dennison’s role also aren’t clear beyond it being merely a supporting one.

Terry Rossio penned the script for the film which is targeting a May 22nd 2020 release.

Doctor Omega

Godzilla vs. Kong
Demian Bichir (“The Nun”) is in talks to join “Godzilla vs. Kong” at Legendary and Warner Bros. Pictures. The project is aiming for a May 22nd 2020 release date.

Millie Bobby Brown, Julian Dennison and Brian Tyree Henry will co-star in the Adam Wingard-directed monster movie which is due to begin filming in November in Atlanta.

Doctor Omega

Alexander Skarsgard Joins “Godzilla Vs. Kong”

skarsgard-joins-chan-wooks-drummer-girl-696x464.jpg

Alexander Skarsgard is in negotiations to join Adam Wingard’s “Godzilla vs. Kong” at Legendary Pictures.

The film will see the two titular classic monsters squaring off in some way, serving as a follow-up to last year’s “Kong: Skull Island” and next year’s “Godzilla: King of the Monsters”. Skarsgard is expected to play the leader of a military unit.

Millie Bobby Brown (“Stranger Things”), Julian Dennison (“Deadpool 2”) and “Hamilton star Brian Tyree Henry co-star in the film which opens May 22nd 2020. Skarsgard recently appeared in Netflix’s “Hold the Dark” and will soon be seen in AMC’s “The Little Drummer Girl”.

Doctor Omega

Jessica Henwick Joins “Godzilla vs. Kong”

jessica-henwick-joins-godzilla-vs-kong-696x464.jpg

Jessica Henwick, who played Colleen Wing in “Iron Fist” and Nymeria Sand in “Game of Thrones,” is set to join the ensemble cast of the Adam Wingard-directed “Godzilla vs. Kong” at Legendary.

The action movie features the two titular classic monsters squaring off in some form and serves as a follow-up to the 2014 “Godzilla” reboot, 2017’s “Kong: Skull Island” and next year’s “Godzilla: King of the Monsters”.

Details of Henwick’s character are unknown at this time. Millie Bobby Brown, Alexander Skarsgard, Julian Dennison, Rebecca Hall, and Brian Tyree Henry co-star in the film opening May 22nd 2020.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Adam Winguard? sounds like Peter's son!!! But I know for sure he's not! Wish this film had the Bobbie Brown from Blakes 7s Warlord who I thought was absolutely delicious but I could never find more than one or two pics of her on the net anywhere!
JB

Doctor Omega

Godzilla vs. Kong
Legendary has closed a deal for Japanese actor Shun Oguri (“Crows Zero”) to make his Hollywood debut in “Godzilla vs. Kong”. Oguri joins Alexander Skarsgard, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Eiza Gonzalez, Julian Dennison and Demian Bichir in the Adam Wingard-directed film opening May 22nd 2020.

Doctor Omega

SYNOPSIS RELEASED AS PRODUCTION BEGINS.......

https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/1062081119661617152/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1062081119661617152&ref_url=https://geektyrant.com/news/godzilla-vs-kong-synopsis-released-as-the-film-goes-into-production

SYNOPSIS......

In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever.

Doctor Omega

She couldn't seem to keep away from sci-fi.

I don't think a movie called DEL TARRANT, with a soundtrack by Queen, would have worked though.

Last edited: