Review Good Omens (2019)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
afrfe.jpg

Your thoughts on this show.....

A tale of the bungling of Armageddon features an angel, a demon, an 11-year-old Antichrist and a doom-saying witch.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

First Photo: Tennant & Sheen Film “Good Omens”

first-photo-tennant-sheen-film-good-omens-696x464.jpg

Neil Gaiman took to Twitter today to release the first photo of David Tennant and Michael Sheen filming the opening scene of the upcoming event series adaptation of his and Terry Pratchett’s “Good Omens”.

Sheen plays Aziraphale and Tennant is Crowley in this six episode adaptation while Jack Whitehall, Michael McKean, Miranda Richardson and Adria Arjona co-star

The series will premiere on Amazon in 2019 around the world. Amazon will also launch it in the U.K., with the BBC having it for BBC Two at a later date.

Doctor Omega

Jon Hamm Is An Archangel In “Good Omens”

jon-hamm-is-an-archangel-in-good-omens-696x392.jpg

“Mad Men” and “Baby Driver” star Jon Hamm has joined the six-part television adaptation of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett’s “Good Omens” for Amazon Prime Video and BBC Two.

Hamm is set to play the archangel Gabriel, the primary messenger of God. Gabriel has a fleeting role in the original novel, but showrunner Gaiman explains in a statement that the character is being expanded in the TV version:

“Once we had finished writing Good Omens, back in the dawn of prehistory, Terry Pratchett and I started plotting a sequel. There would have been a lot of angels in the sequel. When Good Omens was first published and was snapped up for the first time by Hollywood, Terry and I took joy in introducing our angels into the plot of a movie that was never made. So when, almost thirty years later, I started writing Good Omens for TV, one thing I knew was that our angels would have to be in there.

The leader of these angels is Gabriel. He is everything that Aziraphale isn’t: he’s tall, good-looking, charismatic and impeccably dressed. We were fortunate that Jon Hamm was available, given that he is already all of these things without even having to act. We were even more fortunate that he’s a fan of the books and a remarkable actor.”

Douglas Mackinnon is directing and executive producing the series which also stars Michael Sheen, David Tennant, Jack Whitehall, Miranda Richardson and Michael McKean.

Good Omens will launch globally on Prime Video in over 200 countries and territories in 2019 including in the UK, where it will also air on BBC Two at a later date.

Source: Coming Soon