Review Gotham (2014)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
etggrtg.jpg

Your thoughts on this show.....

The story behind Detective James Gordon's rise to prominence in Gotham City in the years before Batman's arrival.

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I still haven't delved into this show. I have some buddies who swear by it, claiming it to be fantastic. The idea that it's a prequel intrigues me, like SMALLVILLE did, but the fact that so many of Batman's later Rogue's Gallery have already been introduced in various ways seems...strange to me.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
I have some buddies who swear by it,
Albert is the king of the castle! The Penguin an honourable firast reserve. Will Smith's Mrs is superfluous to requirements and Morena Tiddleypush another waste of space - how can she be so good in Firefly, and Deadpool but crap in this?
Took a while for it to find itself: old school mob rivalries,,, lots of villains-to-be in training... how do we make trainee baby-Wayne interesting? You can't so Albert has to wonderful, and is. I may have mentioned this already, but I can't stress it enough. Watch it, if only for Albert.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

You are so right CMS!

Sean Pertwee: It would be an honour to play my dad's version of the Doctor

You know Sean Pertwee as the hard-as-nails butler Alfred in Gotham, and you probably know his father Jon by a different name: the Doctor. Plenty of people put on a Doctor Who costume for Hallowe’en, but few do it as well as this:

79530.jpg

“I had had a couple of sherberts and I was on my way out,” Pertwee explained to RadioTimes.com.

“I had a bit of a panic because Hallowe’en is a huge thing over here. So I’ve got a cape, and I found a wig over the road, and I borrowed some stuff from the wardrobe department, one of these shirts, and I stuck it on and couldn’t believe it. Bang!

“Apparently I ‘won’ Hallowe’en.”

The image went viral, and was followed by this magnificent Photoshop.

Sean was a big fan.

“This guy got my dad’s hair and stuck it on my grill! The extraordinary thing is my mum said ‘I can’t remember that picture at all’,’ and I had to say ‘no, it’s me’. I’m definitely growing into his nose.”

Well, they say we’re all destined to become our parents. Speaking of which, many fans find Sean’s paternal cosplay so convincing, they want Sean to reprise the role of the Doctor. Would he consider it?

“It would be an honour, but I think I would be completely terrified,“ he explained. “They’re large boots to fill. My dad would have absolutely split his sides if I did that, I’m laughing just thinking of his reaction.”

“Doctor Who was a huge thing in my life, but the thing is my father was just an actor. I was surrounded by extrodinary people all my life. The people he was interested in weren’t actors, they were artists, pirates, smugglers, butchers, florists, whatever. My recollection of being brought up by my dad was in Ibiza, so I remember this idyllic bohemian lifestyle.”

It’s a far cry from the seedy world of Gotham, where Alfred is expected to bring up a young, orphaned Bruce Wayne… and not doing a brilliant job at it.

“If you were the richest man in the world like Thomas Wayne, why would you have an East Ender as a butler? It’s because a lot of people in the security services go into personal protection. It’s Alfred Pennyworth who Thomas entrusts with his most precious belonging: his son. Alfred never needed to be a father, he never wanted to be a father.”

Nevertheless, this series will see Alfred take more readily to his new role, which could be a double-edged sword.

“He’s more responsible and more of a father figure than just a guardian,” Pertwee explains. “Alfred is really Bruce’s enabler, and you’ll see more of that this season. Put it this way: Alfred will definitely start to train Bruce.”

That doesn’t sound like the healthiest of relationships, but there is at least one crossover between Alfred and Sean’s own father:

“One similarity I find quite strange is our Alfred is a man of action, and my Dad was the action Doctor Who.”

Whether they’re dressing up as a bat or the Doctor, the apple never falls far from the tree.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Gotham Renewed for Fourth Season

gotham-season-4-renewal-fox-canceled-or-renewed-590x352.jpg

The orders just keep coming with word today that FOX has ordered a fourth season of both its Batman prequel drama “Gotham” and its Will Forte-led comedy “The Last Man on Earth”.

“Gotham” being renewed seemed likely. After a shaky first and odd but intriguing second, the series has really found itself creatively in its third year. Meanwhile ‘Last Man’ marks Phil Lord & Chris Miller’s likely only return to the network as both “Son of Zorn” and “Making History” aren’t expected to survive.

Over on NBC, Dick Wolf’s “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago PD” and “Chicago Med” have all scored renewals. The shows will be getting a sixth, fifth and third season respectively.

Finally, ABC’s “Modern Family” has been renewed for a ninth and tenth season of twenty-two episodes each. The show’s stars have just signed new contracts with each of the cast scoring significant raises to stay.

Doctor Omega

Harley Quinn Set For “Gotham” Season Finale

harley-quinn-set-for-gotham-season-finale-696x464.jpg

Actor David Mazouz has confirmed that fan favorite character Harley Quinn will appear in next week’s double-episode third season finale of “Gotham”.

The young actor who plays Bruce Wayne on the series says: “she’s going to be in the finale”. The character is said to be a ‘launching point’ for the main drive of the show’s fourth season in the Fall.

Mazouz also spoke about what happens to his character in the episode, one which sees him brought face to face with Ra’s al Ghul (Alexander Siddig):

“Something major happens in the very last scene of Season 3 for Bruce. He makes a decision, that decision will influence what he does. I don’t know what’s happening in Season 4 yet, I haven’t had a script or talked to the writers about what’s going to happen, but where I see it going is somewhere I’ve wanted to see it going for a very long time. You’ll see what I mean. Bruce is going to be very busy taking on this new role that he assumes at the end of Season 3 and I think it’ll be really cool.”

The “Gotham” season finale airs Monday on FOX.

Doctor Omega

“Gotham” S4 Teaser Follows Villain Reveal

gotham-s4-teaser-follows-villain-reveal-696x464.jpg

The third season finale of FOX’s “Gotham” aired last night, and while there were rumors of Harley Quinn making an appearance, that didn’t turn out to be. Surprisingly though, another villain was teased.

SEASON 3 FINALE SPOILERS AHEAD

Drew Powell’s long-suffering enforcer character Butch Gilzean, a regular on the series since the pilot, was seemingly killed and then revealed to be fighting for his life in a hospital somewhere. A hospital where the paperwork revealed his real name – Cyrus Gold.

DC Comics fans will recognize the name as the true identity of Solomon Grundy, the super-strong zombie villain from the comics who rose from the depths of Gotham City’s Slaughter Swamp. “Gotham” is famous for bringing back characters who seemingly died so Butch’s return in the fourth season seems a certainty.

Along with the finale, FOX aired a teaser promo for next season highlighting the show’s shift to Thursday nights.

Doctor Omega

“Gotham” S4 Teased With Clips & Reveals

gotham-s4-teased-with-clips-reveals-696x464.jpg

Following it “Gotham” with the first footage from the upcoming fourth season which just cast “Teen Wolf” actress Crystal Reed as Sofia Falcone.

The new season includes the introduction of Professor Pyg, the new introduction of The Scarecrow, Butch’s turn into Solomon Grundy, and Ra’s al Ghul (Alexander Siddig) becoming a series regular.

Producer John Stephens also says the series has scrapped its plans for a Harley Quinn-esque character, adding that “we’re never going to see Harley Quinn” on the show. Barbara Gordon’s storyline reportedly seemed to be headed down that path – but no longer.

“Gotham” returns to screens on September 28th.

Doctor Omega

Gotham

FOX has moved up the premiere of the fourth season of “Gotham” by a week, premiering it now on Thursday September 21st at 8pm and will be followed immediately by the time period premiere of Seth MacFarlane’s space adventure series “The Orville” at 9pm. [Source: FOX]

Doctor Omega

“Gotham” S4 Promo Teases A Masked Bruce

gotham-s4-promo-teases-a-masked-bruce-696x464.jpg

A new fourth season promo for FOX’s “Gotham” is out and offers a first look at David Mazouz’s Bruce Wayne turning proactive vigilante in the new episodes.

The promo, which will air today during the first game of Sunday’s NFL preseason slate on Fox, also offers a look at The Scarecrow who returns fully formed for the next season following a brief appearance in the first season.

The new season moves from its established Monday to a Thursday 8pm slot, paired with Seth MacFarlane’s new space dramedy “The Orville” at 9pm.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Michael Cerveris Is Professor Pyg In “Gotham”

michael-cerveris-is-professor-pyg-in-gotham-696x464.jpg

Tony Award-winning “Fringe” and “The Tick” actor Michael Cerveris has been set to play DC Comics baddie Professor Pyg in the upcoming fourth season of FOX’s “Gotham”.

In comic book lore, Pyg aka Lazlo Valentin is a porcine mask-wearing, schizophrenic surgeon whose victims he affixed with doll-like masks The show’s executive producer Danny Cannon confirmed the news to TV Line, saying Cerveris will have a multi-episode arc in the series.

Cannon also revealed that the series, which hasn’t been afraid to take dark turns in recent years in terms of onscreen violence and adult themes, actually got one of the first pushbacks they’ve received from the network – they made The Scarecrow TOO scary:

“When the studio asks you to tone back because it’s too scary, you know you’ve done something right.” “Gotham” returns to screens on September 21st.

Doctor Omega

“Gotham” S4 Promo Teases A Dark Knight

gotham-s4-promo-teases-a-dark-knight-696x464.jpg

FOX has debuted a new extended promo for the fourth season of “Gotham” which offers a new look at recurring villain The Scarecrow who terrorises a town now under the criminal thumb of The Penguin who seems to have reached an understanding with the authorities.

At the same time, Bruce Wayne begins training to become a vigilante. There’s also glimpses of a frozen Riddler, a Lazarus pit soaked Ra’s al Ghul, a now high-class arms dealing Barbra and more.

“Gotham” returns to the network on September 21st.