News Halloween Kills (2020)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Halloween” Producers Open To A Sequel

halloween-producer-hates-the-reboot-label-696x464.jpg

Reviews out of the Toronto International Film Festival for the new “Halloween” have been quite strong, so much so that talk of a sequel is already churning. Of course the film, a direct sequel to the 1978 original that ignores the seven other sequels, has to open first and be a success.

Additionally there’s the complication that the film’s producer Jason Blum has previously indicated they aren’t planning the sequel. This week, whilst speaking at the festival, Blum clarified those comments saying they weren’t correct and his Blumhouse production banner is open to a follow-up:

“No, I think that got a bit screwed up. I’d love to do sequels, and I hope we do a sequel and we will do a sequel if the movie performs. We’re not going to decide if we do a sequel or not until we see the reaction to this movie. But I really hope to make it.”

While Blumhouse has dominated the horror genre for the past few years with numerous one-off films and franchises, this represents their first attempt at rebooting a pre-existing franchise. The film’s co-writer Danny McBride has also previously revealed that they have an idea for a sequel should the opportunity arise to do one.

“Halloween” is set to open nationwide on October 19th.

Doctor Omega

“Halloween” Sequel Talks Have Begun

quick-news-halloween-exposure-1984-hush-life-696x464.jpg

With the new “Halloween” scoring strong reviews, a stellar $76 million domestic opening last weekend and a likely second weekend in the top spot with a further $32 million estimated, it comes as little surprise that talk of another potential film in the franchise has been swirling for the past few days.

First up, co-writer Danny McBride tells Deadline he’s in the process of coming up with an idea: “We definitely have ideas of what we would do. [We] have thoughts and ideas of what we could possibly do. We hadn’t invested a ton of time on them, but now we’re being asked to figure it out. There are definitely talks on whether we will do more of them and we’re just trying to see what best makes sense.”

Actress Jamie Lee Curtis tells Empire Australia that she’s up for coming back but on one condition: “If David Gordon Green called me up and said let’s do another Halloween, I would do another Halloween…because he did such a beautiful job creating this movie.”

Producer Jason Blum tells The Wrap he’s keen to get to work on a follow-up: “It’s hard to make a great movie, period, and I always say, make a great movie first and we’ll figure out a franchise after. Of course we would want to make a sequel, in fact, we’re dying to make a sequel . . . there are a lot of people that have to be in the same mindset as us. Nothing’s been set in stone, but we’re certainly going to try.”

“Halloween” is now out in cinemas worldwide.

Doctor Omega

Halloween

Though not officially announced yet, a sequel to this year’s “Halloween” is fairly certain and now horror master John Carpenter has confirmed he’s ready to write the music for the film saying: “We’ll be ready. We’ve all talked about it. We’ll be ready.” He’s also working on another compilation album, Lost Themes III, but says his band is also having a bit of a break.

Doctor Omega

“Halloween Kills” Filming & Score Updates

Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Entertainment surprised people last month with the announcement of not one but two sequels to last year’s well-received “Halloween” revival. “Halloween Kills” has already been set for an October 16th 2020 release and “Halloween Ends” will hit October 15th 2021.

Now some more information about how these will work has been revealed. Many had speculated the films would be shot back-to-back but it turns out that’s not the case. Speaking with Polygon this week, co-writer Danny McBride confirms that like the film’s releases, the shoots will be spaced a year apart:

“Halloween 2 starts filming in like three weeks. That’s already off to the races. The script is almost finished for the third one. Hopefully that’ll go at the same time next year.”

Also this week, the original film’s director John Carpenter has confirmed he’s returning to do the score for both films after providing one for last year’s revival. Speaking with ComicBook.com about his experience doing the music for the 2018 film, he says:

“I loved it, It was a lot of fun. And I’ll do the score, do a new score. That’s always fun… I’m on board. Let’s go. Everybody, after Halloween (2018) was a big hit, everybody said, ‘Oh, let’s do it again,’ So it was easy.”

He was then asked if they had to pitch the sequels this time around to him, he says it was unnecessary: “Oh, hell no. I’m aboard. I’m ready, I love the experience.”

David Gordon Green will direct both ‘Kills’ and ‘Ends’, and both Green and McBride will co-write both scripts. Scott Teem worked with the pair on ‘Kills’ while Paul Brad Logan and Chris Bernier are joining them for ‘Ends’.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
What I don't understand is that after more than 40 years and countless murders, the authorities haven't arrested the psycho behind this all.

I'm not speaking of Michael Myers - whom I happened to go to school with - but the real evil responsible for all of this...

William Shatner!

Doctor Omega

Two More Returning For “Halloween Kills”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/two-more-returning-for-halloween-kills/

Two more familiar faces are returning to the “Halloween” franchise for the upcoming “Halloween Kills,” including one of the original 1978’s youngest co-stars.

Actress/producer Kyle Richards is confirmed to be reprising her role of Lindsay Wallace, one of the two kids Jamie Lee Curtis’ Laurie Strode was babysitting in the original 1978 “Halloween,” for the upcoming sequel to the 2018 revival and tenth film overall in the series.
Brian Andrews played the other kid, Tommy Doyle, in the original but isn’t returning here. Paul Rudd played a version of Doyle in the sixth film and Anthony Michael Hall will take on the part for ‘Kills’. Richards said last year she got in touch with the film team for the 2018 revival to request a return engagement:
“I really wanted to be so badly, and I’ve never done this in my life. I literally reached out and said, ‘Can I be in it in any capacity? I’ll be an extra. I’ll do anything.’ But they didn’t think that it was going to fit in with the story or something.”
It didn’t happen for that, but with ‘Kills’ announced they’ve now found a way for her character to return. Richards, who was just eight when she starred in the original (and it wasn’t her first role), is the longest-tenured member of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” and has been a recurring or regular actress on shows ranging from “ER” to “Little House on the Prairie” to “Down to Earth”.
That’s not all though as young Jibrail Nantambu, who played the sassy and survival-focused Julian whose babysitter is butchered by Myers in last year’s film, says his character will be back in the sequels. He tells Halloween Daily News that “I will be in the next movies” and adds that Julian “will not die”.
“Halloween Kills” opens October 16th 2020.

Doctor Omega

Halloween Kills Trailer the Michael Myers horror movie Halloween 2020 trailer update and news for halloween 2 2020. Scarface remake movie news on the scarface reboot. disney plus Percy Jackson reboot disney plus series for Percy Jackson movies. mad max prequel mad max furiosa then mad max sequel.