Review Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
RGAGR.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

Harry, Ron, and Hermione search for Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes in their effort to destroy the Dark Lord as the final battle rages on at Hogwarts.

On to the next movie....

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM........

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-2016.967/

Back to the previous movie....

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-1-2010.965/

Last edited:

RepairedSpace06

Member: Rank 1
I loved it! It was appropriately emotional and fairly accurate to the book, at least in the most important moments. A little too FX-heavy, but it's the culimination of a 20-hour saga so it was forgivable. One thing I didn't like was the replacement character for Crabbe/Goyle (can't remember which) due to the unfortunate incarceration of his actor. Suddenly Malfoy's got a replacement crony with no explanation? SUPER awkward.
The other problem I had was with the ending. Although it's a good ending, it seemed too quick and rushed. But worse, it seemed pretty lazy the way they tried to make the characters look "older". I don't care how magical you are, more than just your facial hair is going to change in nineteen years!

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Absolutely great film. True, there are moments in the final battle that draw my ire, as do many of the other current action films, where they add too much to battle scenes (my biggest complaint with Avengers: Age of Ultron). Too much action mixed with too much CGI with too many camera zooms and Dutch angles makes for fuzzy films. But there are some extremely powerful moments in this film, like when Harry confronts Snape, or his "death" scene, and many others. For me, the perfect end to the saga.

I don't care how magical you are, more than just your facial hair is going to change in nineteen years!
Well, they did put a pillow in Ron's shirt to give him a dad paunch, so...maybe that counts?