Review Hawaii Five 0 (1968)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Which of the two versions do you prefer? Stupid question right? There's only one real McCoy , that's the one which was called Hawaii Five (number)0, not Hawaii Five (letter)O.
Five 0 = fiftieth state. Simple really. Perhaps I'm being harsh, maybe the new series logo is a fat zero!

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Only those of about 60 years old or older would have seen the episode " Bored, She Hung Herself". Shown once in the sixties, never syndicated, banned, and not included in the DVD boxsets, despite those boxsets supposed to be complete. A copy exists on youtube. Poor sound and visual quality, but it is watchable.

michaellevenson

Just watched this, not a bad episode, probably has more interest than it deserves because it was banned.
Don, a student in meditation and Hare Krishna has perfected the art of hanging himself as a way of reaching Nirvana. He is teaching it to his girlfriend who ends up dead.
The girl's father blames Don for his corrupting influence. But when it's discovered she was already dead before someone hung her up the case takes on a sinister direction.
Obviously banned for the idea of recreational hanging, but really should have been included in the box sets released 10-15 years ago. However I wouldn't show this on tv before the watershed even now. Quality of recording is poor, but it's amazing that someone got hold of this, it hasn't been aired since the late 60's. At least I can say I've seen it. The actor who played Merrick in the Star Trek episode Bread and Circuses is the vengeful father.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
090.jpg

The investigations of Hawaii Five-0, an elite branch of the Hawaii State Police answerable only to the governor and headed by stalwart Steve McGarrett.