News Masters of the Universe (2021)

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Perhaps they're planning to rename the film HE-BOY, or maybe HE-FETUS? :emoji_confused:

Of course, we should just be glad it hasn't been renamed SHE-WOMAN yet...

Although SHE-MAN could be a disturbing compromise. :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
The Perfect Date
Netflix’s pin-up boy and potential new He-Man, actor Noah Centineo, is back with his third teen rom-com for the streamer – “The Perfect Date”. Centineo plays a young guy working at a fast food place with dreams of going to Yale and dating his big crush. He decides to start a smartphone app where rich girls can pay him to be their ‘chaperone’ for a night. The film hits the service on April 12th.

Doctor Omega

“He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” reboot tipped to star Noah Centineo has unsurprisingly been delayed from its current December 18th release to a date sometime in 2020. With no director or cast officially attached as yet, there was no chance the film would be ready for release this year.

Doctor Omega

“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” and the upcoming “Charlie’s Angels” reboot star Noah Centineo has confirmed a rumored report from last month that he’s going to play He-Man in the upcoming live-action “Masters of the Universe” reboot at Mattel Films and Sony Pictures.

Appearing on The Tonight Show last night, host Jimmy Kimmel asked him straight up about the He-Man rumors to which he responded: “Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah. I have an affinity for being in my underwear, I don’t know what it is… Yeah, I’m very excited. It’s quite an opportunity.”

Doctor Omega

Sony had originally marked March 5th 2021 for its “Masters of the Universe” film adaptation but has now pulled the He-Man reboot not just off that date but entirely from its calendar.

Even longer in development than “Uncharted” (a new He-Man film has been in development on and off since 2007), the new ‘Masters’ still has Noah Centineo attached to star and more recently there were talks that the studio might sell the project to Netflix.

:emoji_poop:

john12

Member: Rank 1
I don't realize that whether I will generally be energized or frightened about that. Seeing a major spending Foundation film is energizing.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I have to say, a little OT, that it's probably a good thing you've stopped watching Doctor Who at this point.
I regret not finishing up at the end of the Doctor's first life cycle, when Matt Smith left. That's when they should've ended DW and perhaps created a new TV series about another time traveller from Gallifrey set in the same fictional universe.

However, I found Peter Capaldi intriguing. The closest one to an old school Doctor that New Who had so far produced. Unfortunately, I never cared for any of his stories. In fact, the only high points for me were the look he gave us after the Half-Face Man is impaled on the spire of Big Ben in DEEP BREATH, the sequences set in the classic TARDIS console room in HELL BENT and the Mondasian Cybermen in his final serial.

But then, that pretty much covers my entire experience with New Who. Its promise was never matched by its reality for me.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I found Peter Capaldi intriguing. The closest one to an old school Doctor that New Who had so far produced. Unfortunately, I never cared for any of his stories.
Capaldi is my favorite Doctor, his less-than-stellar stories notwithstanding. He was majorly robbed.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I regret not finishing up at the end of the Doctor's first life cycle, when Matt Smith left. That's when they should've ended DW and perhaps created a new TV series about another time traveller from Gallifrey set in the same fictional universe.

However, I found Peter Capaldi intriguing. The closest one to an old school Doctor that New Who had so far produced. Unfortunately, I never cared for any of his stories. In fact, the only high points for me were the look he gave us after the Half-Face Man is impaled on the spire of Big Ben in DEEP BREATH, the sequences set in the classic TARDIS console room in HELL BENT and the Mondasian Cybermen in his final serial.

But then, that pretty much covers my entire experience with New Who. Its promise was never matched by its reality for me.
I ended my Who collection with this episode and the final incarnation of the first regeneration cycle of the Doctor! So glad I did as I hated the Capaldi era and loathe what i hear Chinballs is doing with his Mrs.Who crap!!!
JB