Information Hocus Pocus TV Remake: ANNOUNCED

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Hocus Pocus” Telemovie To Be A Remake

hocus-pocus-telemovie-to-be-a-remake-696x464.jpg

Earlier this week, writer and filmmaker Mick Garris hinted that a sequel to 1993’s beloved Disney magical family comedy “Hocus Pocus” may finally be in the works in the form of a telemovie.

Today, Deadline reports that the Disney Channel is in the early stages of development on a “Hocus Pocus” telemovie which is NOT a sequel but a reimagining of the property with “The Royals” writer Scarlett Lacey penning the new take.

As a result, it means Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy won’t be back with this take boasting an all-new cast. Kenny Ortega, who helmed the original and numerous Disney Channel telemovies like the “High School Musical” series, won’t be back either.

David Kirschner, a producer on the original movie, on board to executive produce the story which again will deal with what happens when three villainous witches are inadvertently resurrected in Salem.

The original movie's trailer.....

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Midler Not A Fan Of The “Hocus Pocus” Remake

midler-not-a-fan-of-the-hocus-pocus-remake-696x464.jpg

Last month came an announcement that Disney planned to remake the classic 1990s holiday feature “Hocus Pocus” into a telemovie for the Disney Channel.

Kenny Ortega, the director of the original, has voiced his support. However one of the original film’s stars, Bette Midler, is not so pleased. Speaking at the New York Restoration Project’s Hulaween party event which she hosted, she tells People:

“I know it’s cheap. It’s going to be cheap! I’m not sure what they’re going to do with my character. My character is very, very broad and I don’t know who they’re going to find to play that.”

Asked if she would make a cameo appearance, she responded: “No, no no!”. Scarlett Lacy (“The Royals”) pens and David Kirschner directs the new take on the property which has yet to be cast.