Review Honest Trailers!

Discussion in 'Film: General' started by Carol, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Carol

Carol Member: Rank 5

Discovering these mini-gems about a year ago has given me so many giggles and saved me significant dosh at the box office - given that I love what they do (however wickedly) to films I know and cherish, I tend to take their opinions on board about things of which I am essentially clueless.
    What do other people think?
    Here's a clincher - I practically laid an egg laughing at their Deadpool offering (having pretty much come to the Marvel-lous conclusion that if Sirs Ian and Patrick weren't playing, then neither was I) - so I've ordered the DVD and it might even turn up tomorrow!

So to recap - Honest Trailers, friend or foe?
    And Deadpool - what do other people think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hux

Hux Member: Rank 6

I've become slightly addicted to Cinema Sins.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carol

Thanks -don't know that one - sounds a bit frisky, so I might wait till tomorrow before googling it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hux

Hux Member: Rank 6

He basically just sins all the dumb stuff in a movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Bravo! Bravo! x 1
  5. Carol

@Hux
    Thanks for the heads up - will get back to you when I've had a dabble.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSowIsMine

TheSowIsMine What an excellent day for an exorcism
    Staff Member VIP

I like Honest Trailers, its fun.
    Cinema Sins is a hit-and-miss for me.

As for Deadpool, I like the comic, didn't really like the movie. Maybe the second one wil be more to my liking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carol

Interesting, thanks - I've never seen the comics but now (I mean NOW about ten minutes since I finished watching the video, which was on my doormat when I came home from work) I think I'm in love with Deadpool, so if the comics are even better,, you've given me a quest and a challenge - Accepted!

• Like Like x 2
  8. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

@Carol The Comics are so much better than the movie, and that comes from someone who loved the movie. The books are so much more irrelevant, with more fourth wall breaking and goofiness. The Deadpool/Spider-Man crossovers are brilliant, because he has an obsession with Spidey. He's had some great moments working with/antagonizing Wolverine over the years. Seriously, go hit up your LCS or get on Amazon and purchase as many books as your account will allow you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

I am a fan of CINEMA SINS, HONEST TRAILERS and HISHE - HOW IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED. They're all available to view on YouTube.

I've not yet had the opportunity to watch DEADPOOL, but from what I've glimpsed of it - here and there - I like what I see. Of course, I am a big fan of superhero films in general and Marvel superhero films in particular - even the ones without Sir IM and Sir PS.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Carol

Thanks for the encouragement - err, I'm just back from laptop-free Easter break, so a bit rusty, but I I can't for the life of me figure out what it is you are recommending I do here, but it sounds a bit too strenuous for one quite so full of Hot Cross Buns, and possibly illegal in Greater London. Can you de-mystify me with a bigger clue, please?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. chainsaw_metal1

Many apologies. LCS is internet slang for Local Comic Store. Comic book shops are my Kryptonite. Those, and cheesecake.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carol

Thanks! Once you spell it out it makes complete sense. Not quite as dangerous to my bank account as proper old-school 2nd hand bookshops, but yes - I think they all use a subliminal signal on the "never leave us, keep buying lovely stuff" frequency.
    Also, being a modestly mature and sturdy female, I can lurk behind distracted lanky teens before making as grab for a choice item that flummoxes them on many levels simultaneously. And that bit of fun is free!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. chainsaw_metal1

As a collector, I can say that I've broken the bank in both places. I have been known to drop a hundred dollars or so by haunting the back issues boxes.

I have a problem.

My greatest surprise was when I picked up a final issue for a run I had been collecting, for $5. When I got home, before I even unbagged it, I noticed it was a variant cover. I went online to look it up, and found out it was worth $50. So that was a nice investment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Carol

So do you keep it bagged and pristine and go back for a regular copy for actually reading?

• Like Like x 2
  15. chainsaw_metal1

Of course. Because...christ, I'm such a nerd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

This one just in! :emoji_alien:

17. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator