Review Humphrey Bogart

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
First thing that always comes to mind about Bogart is either his voice or stare. He was a great actor with so many good roles. I think the reason why I liked him, and still do to this day is he stood out from all the rest. The movies that always come to mind for me is Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, and Sabrina.

Talk about Humphrey Bogart tv, radio, and movie roles.

What are some of your favorite movies, lines, characters, & you can share photos or videos?

Key Largo
key largo.jpg
Maltese Falcon
Maltese Falcon 2.jpg
Casablanca
Casablanca-1.jpg
The African Queen
Bogart_Katharine_Hepburn_The_African_Queen_1951.jpg
To Have, and To Have Not
Bogart-Bacall-To-Have-and-Have-Not1.jpg

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Bogart is still my all-time favorite actor. The man was amazing. And while I love all of his performances, I think his best work was in Casablanca. He has such pathos in that film, being a self-assured business owner who is doing his best to stay neutral, to being completely vulnerable when Ilsa comes back into his life, to realizing there is no staying neutral and realizing who he really is, and returning to his life of fighting for the underdog.

I've also been very fond of his turn as Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon. The entire cast is top notch, but he plays the tough guy well, but he slides in just the slightest hint of sensitivity, which makes Spade seem more well-rounded. "It's the, uh, stuff that dreams are made of." Absolutely love that line. As a fan of the book, the movie does such justice to the source material.