Review I Feel Pretty (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
000.jpg

Michelle Williams has joined Amy Schumer’s new feature “I Feel Pretty” which STXfilms picked up in Cannes last week for a whopping $15 million.

Schumer plays Renee Bennett, an average girl who, after an accident, believes a spell has suddenly made her gorgeous. Except to everyone else she looks exactly the same.

Her new confidence suddenly sees her climbing the ranks at the cosmetics company she works for, getting the respect of her idol and boss, Avery LeClaire (Williams).

Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein will pen and direct the project which begins shooting in July on the East Coast. McG, Mary Viola, Alissa Phillips, Dominic Rustam and Nicolas Chartier will produce

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I Feel Pretty
Tom Hopper, Aidy Bryant, Sasheer Zamata, Lauren Hutton, Adrian Martinez, Busy Philipps, and Dave Attell have signed on to join Amy Schumer, Michelle Williams, Rafe Spall, and Emily Ratajkowski in “I Feel Pretty” at STXfilms.

Schumer is portraying a woman who struggles with feelings of insecurity and inadequacy on a daily basis, but awakens from a fall, believing she’s suddenly the most beautiful and capable person on the planet. The movie is scheduled to begin filming shortly in Boston.

Doctor Omega

j1JQLLR.jpg

I Feel Pretty
Directors: Marc Silverstein and Abby Kohn (debut)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Michelle Williams, Emily Ratajkowski, Tom Hopper, Lauren Hutton
Details: While the formulaic romantic comedy has mostly died out in recent years, two of its remaining key supporters are writing partners Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein who penned the scripts for the likes of “Never Been Kissed,” “The Vow,” “Valentine’s Day,” “How to Be Single” and “He’s Just Not That Into You”. These two know their field and are now trying it out for the first time from the director’s chair.

The premise is also fairly solid – Amy Schumer playing an average woman who, after a head trauma, thinks she’s suddenly become gorgeous whereas she looks the same to everyone else. Her newfound confidence sees her climbing the ranks and getting the respect of her idol and boss (Michelle Williams hopefully being able to let loose and have fun) and through the process learns true beauty is not skin deep. Could be fun.

Doctor Omega

First Trailer: Schumer, Williams In “Pretty”

first-trailer-schumer-williams-in-pretty-696x464.jpg

Playing like a slight twist on “Shallow Hal,” the new Amy Schumer comedy “I Feel Pretty” has unleashed its first trailer ahead of its opening on June 29th.

The story follows an average New York woman who gets bumped on the head, and starts seeing herself in a whole new, beautiful light. This newfound confidence allows her to succeed in life where she had previously faltered.

Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein penned and direct the film which also stars Michelle Williams, Emily Ratajkowski, Busy Phillips, Lauren Hutton, Dave Attell, Tom Hopper, Naomi Campbell, Aidy Bryant, Sasheer Zamata, Rory Scovel, and Adrian Martinez.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
While the formulaic romantic comedy has mostly died out in recent years, two of its remaining key supporters are writing partners Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein who penned the scripts for the likes of “Never Been Kissed,” “The Vow,” “Valentine’s Day,” “How to Be Single” and “He’s Just Not That Into You”. These two know their field and are now trying it out for the first time from the director’s chair.
And this is why I watch comic book movies. None of those titles fill me with any desire to watch this film.

Doctor Omega

Following a trailer release which has garnered over 40 million views in its first week, and a test screening last week that went over extremely well, STXFilms has moved up its Amy Schumer comedy “I Feel Pretty” by two months.

Originally slated for June 29th, the female empowerment comedy will now open April 27th and serve as something of a bit of counterprogramming to “Avengers: Infinity War” opening the following week.

The film stars Schumer as an everyday woman who lives through society constantly reminding her of her perceived flaws, which mainly have to do with her looks. In the middle of an intense spinning class, she falls off her exercise bike and knocks her head silly.

She wakes up thinking she has transformed into a gorgeous, model-like beauty, and gains all the confidence in the world – even as her appearance never changed at all.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
It's not the sort of thing I'd generally watch but it seems like an interesting concept.