chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I posted all over there. Classic Who and New Who, horror films and television, all the superhero shows and movies, The Big Bang Theory...pretty much any show I watched, I participated in their board. What I don't miss about the superhero boards there were the non-comic book fans. See, I really don't have a problem with someone being a fan of a show without being a fan of the source material. But, there seemed to be a lot of those people who used to come in with no other agenda other than to start fights with fanboys like myself. "I don't read comics, and never will, and these shows aren't comics, so eff off!" Those people can suck a bowl full of dicks.

I think I mentioned it here before, but there used to be two chicks who used to haunt the Big Band Theory boards, and the only thing they did was bad mouth Kaley Cuoco and her character of Penny. Like, that was 99% of their board history. And when they got called out on how they basically spent all their time bashing this one person, they would attempt to turn it around and tell the other posters that they had nothing better to do. Some folks need to be monitored when they go on the interwebs.
Sounds good, when you mentioned horror and sci-fi movies I kind of wish I hung out more near the genre boards probably a lot of fun conversations there! :emoji_alien:
Oh, there were some really great conversations. The genre/cult stuff had some of the best threads.

Mad_Monster_Party

Sandbox Chief Commissioner
I posted all over there. Classic Who and New Who, horror films and television, all the superhero shows and movies, The Big Bang Theory...pretty much any show I watched, I participated in their board. What I don't miss about the superhero boards there were the non-comic book fans. See, I really don't have a problem with someone being a fan of a show without being a fan of the source material. But, there seemed to be a lot of those people who used to come in with no other agenda other than to start fights with fanboys like myself. "I don't read comics, and never will, and these shows aren't comics, so eff off!" Those people can suck a bowl full of dicks.

I think I mentioned it here before, but there used to be two chicks who used to haunt the Big Band Theory boards, and the only thing they did was bad mouth Kaley Cuoco and her character of Penny. Like, that was 99% of their board history. And when they got called out on how they basically spent all their time bashing this one person, they would attempt to turn it around and tell the other posters that they had nothing better to do. Some folks need to be monitored when they go on the interwebs.

Oh, there were some really great conversations. The genre/cult stuff had some of the best threads.
The cult movie board was one that I actually went to every now and then and, to a certain degree, posted on. It seemed like decent place.:emoji_alien:

chainsaw_metal1

Doctor Who boards mainly. Started to be regular on the Arrow and Flash boards when they started and usually checked out the forums of the various shows and movies that I watched with occasional comments.
Were you still checking out the Flash board toward the end? It really got insane. There was a group of folks who were basically begging for Iris to be killed off (because even though she's a huge part of the comics, these "fans" were stupid), and a couple who basically just highjacked their threads just to call everyone racists if they didn't like her. Kinda glad they went down.

chainsaw_metal1

Least favorite? South Park.
I don't actually ever remember going on that board. Least favorite because of lack of talk, or because of idiots?
But you didn't ask that, did you?
I believe I asked if you knew what time the 3:15 bus arrives. Oh, wait...never mind.
I just can't complain about it enough.
I'm the same way about overcooked vegetables. Why do people cook them till they're limp and lifeless?

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Were you still checking out the Flash board toward the end? It really got insane. There was a group of folks who were basically begging for Iris to be killed off (because even though she's a huge part of the comics, these "fans" were stupid), and a couple who basically just highjacked their threads just to call everyone racists if they didn't like her. Kinda glad they went down.
Yeah I remember that. Don't miss it at all. By the time IMDB finally decided to close their boards 3/4 of many of the forums were "You are ignoring this poster" for me.

chainsaw_metal1

Yeah I remember that. Don't miss it at all. By the time IMDB finally decided to close their boards 3/4 of many of the forums were "You are ignoring this poster" for me.
I know it would have saved some of my sanity to just ignore people there. I had a problem with feeding the trolls.
Reminds me of my old minister who would tell the story every year at Christmas about the calls he received asking when the midnight service started.

His reply - "11:30"
Brilliant.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Been an IMDB member since Aug 2001 and I was all over those boards, only one account though, no socks. Throwaway accounts are for throwaway opinions. Once upon a time it was possible to have really interesting conversations, some of which I wish I had saved. A few times with people who worked behind the scenes and I learned interesting things, not gossip, but about how certain things were done. Despite all the trolls, I still really miss the boards.

Sunflower007

Been an IMDB member since Aug 2001 and I was all over those boards, only one account though, no socks. Throwaway accounts are for throwaway opinions. Once upon a time it was possible to have really interesting conversations, some of which I wish I had saved. A few times with people who worked behind the scenes and I learned interesting things, not gossip, but about how certain things were done. Despite all the trolls, I still really miss the boards.

:emoji_relaxed:~ Me too. I was constantly in the those boards. In majority of the new/old films I've seen, music, books, tv & etc. I still miss it, especially whenever I go to the IMDB website.:emoji_kissing:

*~:emoji_eye::emoji_eye:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What has happened to it all?
Crazy, some'd say,
Where is the life that I recognize?
Gone away

By: Duran Duran

Daniel Larusso

Remembering IMDB...

It has been more than a year since the end of IMDB message boards and I was wondering what do you all feel about this website right now as it has changed so much in the meanwhile...

As a IMDB member for 10 years who used this website in a daily basis, I must say that letterboxd has been such a much better alternative for me. I like to read some of the top and usually short reviews. I never cared before about reading reviews on IMDB, I also like the diary thing, I can check that I've seen 58 movies this year. I prefer the layout on letterboxd too. Simple with all information that I need. Now, IMDB makes me scroll through all people who participated in the movie just to find the duration of that movie. I keep voting on IMDB because the advanced movie search is the only useful thing it still has,

I've also been listening to movie podcasts on Youtube, something that I never cared before. I recomment ColliderVideos.

Last edited by a moderator: