Fun Our Early Posts!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Hello everyone! I am Tsavo, I was a member on the IMDB forums for 13 years, and am still both surprised and very saddened by their upcoming loss. I have a deep love for film, and have even worked professionally as an actor (always low budget indie works) for four years, before I took a teaching job in China, where I currently reside. Either way, now that I am here, I am determined to do everything I can to help. I want to see this place thrive and become as big as the original forums ever were!
It's good to have someone with such a positive attitude aboard. :)

Welcome to the Internet Media Discussion Forums, mate. :D

ant-mac

I just joined. I have hopes that this board will stand the test of time, AND be what it needs to be. Greetings to all.
Tuco... I've seen you in action.

Angel Eyes was good, Blondie was better, but you were the best thing about THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

Welcome aboard. :D

ant-mac

Thank you to everyone who created this place. I know a lot of time and energy and more was spent into it. Wish it all the success and I hope film fans will continue to contribute and grow the site. Thank you again.
G'day, cinema, welcome aboard.

You've come to the right place to talk about... cinema. :D

ant-mac

Thanks for your tremendous work. I very much appreciate it.

Hello all!
I'm coming from IMDb where I was a member for 11 years.

The announcement to close the IMDb message boards came as a shock to me. I begun to search for sites which might offer me some sense of the same belonging.

IMDb was an incredibly useful place for me to discuss lots of matters with people interested in films, when family and friends just don't care as much about movies. So I hope something similar will grow and become fruitful here.

I really like to visit message boards for films, which I prefer a lot to the reviews as in the message boards arcane matters can be discussed which often helps my understanding.

Through the message boards at IMDb I have discovered a lot of movies that I never would have heard of if not for the message boards.

And after watching a film I checked the respective board to look if someone else could provide additional value by enhancing the film experience.

I dislike Twitter and Facebook and would not discuss films and personal opinions there.
Welcome aboard the Internet Media Discussion Forums, elanor. :)

Last edited:

ant-mac

Err... hello friendly fellow evacuees from IMDb - where I enjoyed reading the message boards for ages without ever joining in - feeling perkier now... some may call it lurking, I prefer canny troll-evading. Anyway hi! Happy snarky twerp-free chatting to all....
Hi Carol, welcome to the Internet Media Discussion Forums.

We welcome all friendly refugees from IMDb... :D

ant-mac

Hello! Manuel from Spain here.

Great site and I am sure it will become what all of us are wishing for. Sometimes it is better to start afresh.

I joined IMDB in 2000 and really loved the boards, mainly for locating and coming to know about good and interesting movies recommended by other users out from the mainstream ones that you are bombarded with all the time by media and ads.
You're not from Barcelona by any chance, are you? o_O

Anyway, welcome aboard. :D

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Hello! Manuel from Spain here.

Great site and I am sure it will become what all of us are wishing for. Sometimes it is better to start afresh.

I joined IMDB in 2000 and really loved the boards, mainly for locating and coming to know about good and interesting movies recommended by other users out from the mainstream ones that you are bombarded with all the time by media and ads.
Manel,
Welcome to your new home. How did u find us?

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Hi,
As we are new & hoping to grow by great numbers, I was just wondering how everyone found us.

I found my new home from a link that was provided by one of our Mods. @ IMDb FB pages.

What's your story?