Review Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
p01gzcf6.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

In 1957, archaeologist and adventurer Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. is called back into action and becomes entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind mysterious artifacts known as the Crystal Skulls.

On to the next movie....

INDIANA JONES 5......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/indiana-jones-5-2019-july-10th-2020.1061/

Back to the previous movie....

INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-1989.937/

Last edited:

Hux

Member: Rank 6
I'm of the firm opinion that had this come out in 1994, it would have been better received by fans and critics alike. A gap of nearly 20 years was too great and raised expectations.

I don't buy the whole idea that it was unrealistic and ridiculous though. Did these people forget about Indy jumping out of a plane then landing on a mountain in a dingy (which then went over a waterfall) in Temple of Doom? Or the eternal life of a knight from the crusades.

That being said, it's still not very good.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Now that the tenth anniversary of this film is gradually approaching, surely we should all be willing to give it a second chance and admire any good points that it has....

Errmm, it does have some good points to it?

Doesn't it?

I've always enjoyed this film.

I think it's as good as any of the other films in the series.

I've never understood the problem that some people have with it... :emoji_confused:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
the tenth anniversary of this film
Good grief, you're right!
I cherish it for what it is and the nostalgia it brings along, bonkers warehouse and campus action sequences and John Hurt in a poncho, claiming to be from Leeds... oh yes - handy hints for defrosting the fridge, too.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Shia-LaBeouf-Harrison-Ford-GettyImages-81143851-920x584.jpg

SHIA LABEOUF: I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished. I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I’m not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball.”

HARRISON FORD: “I think he was a fucking idiot. As an actor, I think it’s my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself. Shia is ambitious, attentive, and talented – and he’s learning how to deal with a situation which is very unique and difficult.”