Review It: Part 1–The Losers' Club (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

It (also known as It: Part 1 – The Losers' Club) is an upcoming 2017 American supernatural horror film based on Stephen King's 1986 novel of the same name, produced by New Line Cinema, KatzSmith Productions, Lin Pictures and Vertigo Entertainment, and distributed by Warner Bros.

It is intended to be the first installment in a planned duology, as well as being the second adaptation following Tommy Lee Wallace's 1990 miniseries.

The film tells the story of seven children in Derry, Maine, who are terrorized by the eponymous being, only to face their own personal demons in the process.

The film is directed by Andrés Muschietti and written by Chase Palmer, Cary Fukunaga and Gary Dauberman.

Bill Skarsgård stars as Pennywise The Dancing Clown, with Jaeden Lieberher starring as Bill Denbrough.

Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, Jack Dylan Grazer, Nicholas Hamilton, and Jackson Robert Scott are all featured in supporting roles.

Principal photography began in Toronto on June 27, 2016, and ended on September 21, 2016.

The locations being used for It are in the municipality of Port Hope, Oshawa, Ontario, and Riverdale, Toronto.

It is scheduled to be released on September 8, 2017 in the United States.

The second movie, currently in development, can be found here.....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/it-part-2-in-development-hell.2677/

Last edited:

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I don't like the book, I don't like the mini series(Pennywise is awesome though), so I doubt I will like this. But I'll probably watch it anyway :)

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Yes - fair do s to Bill Skarsgard (anyone who can pull off the Dogville / Mama Mia combo can clearly do ANYTHING), so I'm sure I will watch it when it eventually turns up on TV.

But meanwhile huge new respect to Stephen King for recent anti-Trump tweets - I particularly liked "Obama never left the White House; he's in your closet Donald; with a KNIFE.". Oh film me THAT and I will be very amused..

TheSowIsMine

VIP
Yes - fair do s to Bill Skarsgard (anyone who can pull off the Dogville / Mama Mia combo can clearly do ANYTHING), so I'm sure I will watch it when it eventually turns up on TV.
You are mixing up Bill with his father Stellan Skarsgard.
This is Bill, he was in Hemlock Grove.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I just don't know. I haven't been wowed by the pictures I've seen of Bill in costume. But, King himself has seen it, and says fans have nothing to worry about. So I'll give it a chance. I'm just a huge Tim Curry fan, so it'll be a challenge.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Who's all going to see it? I want to see it, but I still love Curry's version of the clown. I'm not a fan of the red lines on the face. The trailers look good. I have been let down by movies in the past with good trailers for bad movies.

TheSowIsMine

VIP
Im going to watch it, even though I don't like the book, the mini series and the trailer of the new film, but Im curious :)

Doctor Omega

You won't find many U.K. clowns going to see it... apparently! :emoji_alien:

Clowns in the UK aren't happy with Stephen King's new It trailer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...arent-happy-with-stephen-kings-new-it-trailer

Professional clowns have criticised the first trailer for the remake of Stephen King's It calling it "disgusting".

The horror movie is based on the writer's novel, which was first published in 1986. It's about a group of children terrorised by a violent creature who takes the form of clown.

The trailer's reported to have become the most watched ever in its first 24 hours with 197 million views.

But clowns in the UK claim it'll affect their business.

chainsaw_metal1

Um...what? So, the novel is thirty years old. The mini-series is twenty-seven years old. And now it's going to affect them? Suuuurrre...

Doctor Omega

I am going to open a Clown-Counselling business and write a self-help book for Bozos. Looks like a ton of money to be made in the wake of this appalling trailer.

The poor things. :emoji_cry:

chainsaw_metal1

"Hi, I'm Biggles, and I'm a clown."

"Hi Biggles."

I must be in on the Clowns Anonymous meetings. I eagerly await one of them crying, and another offering them a handkerchief, and, well, you know.,

Doctor Omega

Twitter have, apparently, been jumping all over the following coincidence.....

In “It,” we learn that monster-clown Pennywise wakes up to terrorize Derry, Maine, roughly every 27 to 30 years. As Twitter and Reddit note, the new movie will be out 27 years after the original miniseries was released in 1990. The book was released in 1986, so the remake is around 30 years after that, too.

Is this some clever marketing scheme? Did it just happen by chance? Or is it something more sinister? Is Pennywise ... real?