Review Jumanji (2017) Dec 22nd

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
It wouldn't surprise me if it was.

There are so many films that are these days, but I can't for the life of me figure out why...

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Looks to me as though someone's written a stand-alone screenplay about kids getting sucked into a video game and someone in marketing has decided it would sell better with a "familiar" name.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Just back from seeing this, and its surprisingly pretty good. As I said in an earlier post it's a bit of a forced sequel, but treated as its own thing its a lot of fun. Dwayne Johnson is always entertaining, Jack Black played a teenage girl stuck in a middle age man's body brilliantly, and I could watch Karen Gillan dance fighting all day.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Sony Pictures has announced that as of last night, “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” has surpassed Sam Raimi’s “Spider-Man” and become Sony’s highest-grossing film of all time domestically.

The film, a follow-up to the 1995 adventure-classic, has managed $403.7 million at the domestic box office to date and a total of $950 million worldwide. It’s the second-highest worldwide grossing film ever released by the studio, behind only “Skyfall”.