Review Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Jeff Goldblum joining cast of Jurassic World sequel

Jeff Goldblum will return to the world of Jurassic Park after joining the cast of the upcoming film, it is reported.

He first starred in Jurassic Park in 1993, playing Dr Ian Malcolm, and took the role on again in its 1997 sequel, The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

Now the Hollywood Reporter says he will feature in the follow-up to Jurassic World, alongside stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.

Last year Goldblum said he hadn't been offered a role in the 2015 film.

He was "entirely satisfied" with his work on the franchise, he said at the time, adding: "If I never did any more, I'd be entirely nourished and happy and fulfilled from having done these.

"They're doing spectacularly well without me."

In 2016 Goldblum reprised another well-known role when he starred in Independence Day: Resurgence as David Levinson.

He had previously played the part in Independence Day in 1996.

Later this year he will appear in Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok as the Grandmaster.

The new Jurassic World film, which is yet to get a name, is expected to be released in June 2018, with Jurassic Park director Steven Spielberg on board as an executive producer.

It will be directed by JA Bayona.

Jurassic World made $1.67bn (£1.3bn) at the box office, making it one of the highest earning films in history.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Horrible death and mayhem at the park TWICE. Yeah, let's open it again. Bring the kids.

Doctor Omega

Jeff Goldblum on the new movie..............

NEobpWlqn3v3rp_2_b.jpg

"Off I go in a few weeks to London, where they’ve been hard at work, and I’ll try to contribute something to the plate of dino-entertainment. I like my character. I think my character is a saucy, sassy man of some integrity and deep thinking. And of course, that whole world continues to be popular, slam-bang, top entertainment. I talked to the director, J.A. Bayona, over the phone. I enjoyed his movie The Impossible with Naomi Watts, and he’s something else."

Goldblum also added that there was a more serious message behind the new film, which he thought was worth contributing to in the current climate.

"Even though some might say it’s popcorn-y entertainment (top-notch, of course), in our conversation he was very focused on the serious issues of greed as it oftentimes comes up in those movies, and the marvels of science and reason and the very fascinating point at which our species finds itself both in real life and in this imaginary world too. I’m very interested in that myself, so I’m looking forward to this. I’ve got a few things to do. I’m nothing if not conscientious, so I’m enjoying working on it every day."

Doctor Omega

“Jurassic World 2” Ramps Up The Horror

jurassic-world-2-amps-up-the-horror-696x464.jpg

Filmmaker Colin Trevorrow is too busy with “Star Wars: Episode IX” prep to direct the “Jurassic World” sequel, leaving that job in the more than capable hands of “The Orphanage” and “The Impossible” helmer J.A. Bayona.

Trevorrow, still co-writing and executive producing the ‘World’ sequel, says the film is going darker places than you’d expect and will be better than ‘World’.

“J.A Bayona is very good at [creating scares]. There are things that he’ll just do with a shadow, or a rustling curtain on a wall. He’s so tapped into that kind of fear, especially the fear through the eyes of child. Which, you know, he and I are just simpatico. We may be the mirrors of each other. It is by far the most satisfying collaboration of my life.

I think the mainstream loves being scared, and I think the scares in the first movie were made to make children think like they were seeing something horrifying, that their parents shouldn’t be allowing them to see.

We have that a little bit here. But there’s also that same big, fun adventure, sweeping, romantic kind of action in part of the movie. That people seemingly responded really well to. We’re not throwing it all way, but we’re definitely going to some new places.”

The new film, currently in the latter stages of production in Hawaii, is said to boast an underwater action sequence. It will open in cinemas next Summer.

Doctor Omega

“Jurassic World” Sequel Gets A Title & Poster

jurassic-world-sequel-gets-a-title-and-poster-696x464.jpg

Those involved were promising something, and now they’ve delivered with the official Twitter account for J.A. Bayona’s upcoming “Jurassic World” sequel offering the first poster for the film and confirming its new title – “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”.

Jeff Goldblum, Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Toby Jones, James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin, Rafe Spall, B.D. Wong and Justice Smith star in the film which opens in exactly one year’s time – June 22nd 2018.

Doctor Omega

“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” Wraps This Week

jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-wraps-this-week-696x464.jpg

Producer Frank Marshall has confirmed that principal photography on “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” wraps up this week following a two month location shoot in Hawaii. The Hawaiian leg followed several months of production shooting on sound stages based in London.

‘Fallen Kingdom’ sees the return of Owen Grady (Chris Pratt), Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard), Henry Wu (BD Wong) and Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) in a movie from director J.A. Bayona and co-screenwriter Colin Trevorrow.

The “Jurassic World” sequel is aiming to be scarier and more intense than its predecessor when it opens next June. The film’s first teaser trailer is rumored to be premiering at San Diego Comic-Con later this month.

Doctor Omega

quick-news-jurassic-escape-equalizer-purge-696x464.jpg

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Fansite Jurassic Outpost reports that retailers and licensing partners have been alerted to the release of the first trailer for “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” this November. Specifically, the trailer is expected to hit around Thanksgiving.

Doctor Omega

Goldblum Won’t Be In “Jurassic World” Sequel Much

goldblum-wont-be-in-jurassic-world-sequel-much-696x464.jpg

Though his return to the franchise was touted earlier this year, don’t expect to see much of Jeff Goldblum’s Dr. Ian Malcolm in the upcoming “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”.

Malcolm was a key supporting character in the first film and the main lead in the second, but sat out the next two movies. Speaking on the Empire podcast this week, the beloved actor suggests his scenes are so short that they could easily cut him out of the film if the need arises:

“It’s small. Who knows, they may cut me out entirely! But if I stay in I’ll be a sprig of parsley or a little garnish, hopefully with some impact!”

B.D. Wong’s Henry Wu is the only other character from the original “Jurassic Park” trilogy confirmed to appear in “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,” though James Cromwell’s Benjamin Lockwood character has key ties to the late Richard Attenborough’s John Hammond who started the park.

Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rafe Spall, Justice Smith, Toby Jones, Daniella Pineda, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin and Kevin Layne co-star in the J.A. Bayona-directed film which opens June next year.

Doctor Omega

“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” Story Details

jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-story-details-696x464.jpg

With the trailer launching on Thursday, Universal Pictures have continued to tease the “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” first preview with more clips and the first story details from the sequel in a new piece in EW.

The storyline will see Bryce Dallas Howard’s Claire Dearing founding an organization called ‘Dinosaur Protection Group’ which enlists the help of new characters played by Daniella Pineda and Justice Smith.

Their mission involves finding a way to get the dinosaurs off the island after an active volcano threatens to wipe out the island chain. She also has to turn to Chris Pratt’s Owen Grady for some help.

James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin, Toby Jones, Rafe Spall, while BD Wong and Jeff Goldblum co-star in the J.A. Bayona directed film which opens June 22nd.

Doctor Omega

Following that trailer earlier this week, writer-producer Colin Trevorrow has revealed on social media that despite all appearances, the trailer for “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” only shows events from the first hour of the film and doesn’t touch upon anything in the back half of the movie.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Maybe it's just me but the original JP captured the wonder of 10 year old me playing with toy dinosaurs and wishing I could see them in real life but the new movies feel too corporate produced.

Doctor Omega

Director: J.A. Bayona (“The Orphanage,” “A Monster Calls”)
Cast: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Justice Smith, BD Wong, Jeff Goldblum
Details: The fifth entry in the “Jurassic Park” franchise and the follow-up to 2015’s minor reboot “Jurassic World”. That film did not go down well with critics but made a ridiculously huge $1.6 billion worldwide from a budget one-tenth that size – guaranteeing a quick follow-up. Though the same film’s writers are back (groan!), the director’s chair gets a definite upgrade with Spanish helmer J.A. Bayona taking the helm. Bayona hasn’t made a bad film yet, in fact his previous work has all been very good, which offers a slim chance of hope here.

The story is set several years on with the dinosaurs roaming Isla Nublar freely until a volcanic eruption threatens their existence. Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard) has now founded the Dinosaur Protection Group and recruits former dinosaur trainer Owen Grady (Chris Pratt) to help her rescue the remaining dinosaurs from the island and locate his trained raptor Blue. The pair soon discovers a conspiracy that endangers both humanity and the dinosaurs.