Review Kidnap (2017) Aug 4th

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
New Trailer: Halle Berry-Led Thriller “Kidnap”

first-trailer-halle-berry-led-thriller-kidnap-696x464.jpg

The second trailer, following a teaser nine months ago, has arrived for the Halle Berry-led thriller “Kidnap” which follows one single mother’s attempts to take back her kidnapped son.

Without a cell phone and knowing she has no time to wait for police help, Karla jumps in her own car and sets off in pursuit of those who took her kid, and an edge-of-your seat chase ensues.

Luis Prieto (“Pusher”) helms from a screenplay by Knate Gwaltney (“X-Men: The New Mutants”), the film opens nationwide on August 4th 2017.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
This looks good, as any good mother would do anything to get her child back.

It just happens that today, I had a conversation with friends about parents loosing track of their children.

As a child, my Mother held my hand where ever we went. She was never 3 feet away from me & I was never out of sight.

Today's parents let their children run yards away from them in crowded crowds @ the mall, fairs, outdoor markets, etc. I can remember a day @ the local zoo with children of all ages running helter - skelter everywhere. I am not a parent, but have always said that I would use a child's harness (yes they exist & are not cruel) to keep my child safe & not have to run after a wayward child. Better than having a child grabbed, which is not unheard of. During the day, I saw 1 couple with both of their children in a harness with a lengthy tether. I walked up to them & told them they were the only smart parents I had seen all day. They said that they did get some looks, but that using the harnesses was the only way they felt safe with taking their children to amusements.

During my conversation with friends, we heard a news story about a dog that got out of his yard in South Carolina & was found in California. He was able to be returned to his SC owner because he had a "chip" that had been inserted just under the skin, by his caring owner. We started talking about the same technology being used on children. I'm sure there will be a big uproar against such an idea, but then, if we think enough about our beloved pets, would it really be that awful to protect the ones we are suppose to love the most. It made for an interesting discussion...

Last edited: