Review KILLER: Episode 20

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
068279fdce1180bf44ac258d5fe87db7--spaceships-science-fiction.jpg

2231448cc3f02616_w.jpg

Your thoughts on this episode....

Avon and Vila teleport to a Federation installation on the planet Fosforon to meet an old friend of Avon's in hopes of stealing a key component of the Federation's cipher coding system. Meanwhile, Blake becomes involved with the base's investigation into the appearance of a spacecraft listed as missing 700 years ago that has suddenly appeared near Fosforon.

On to the next episode.....

HOSTAGE

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/hostage-episode-21.3420/

Back to the previous episode.....

TRIAL

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/trial-episode-19.3412/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
This is one of the very few Blake episodes, along with the next one, HOSTAGE, that I have pretty much neglected, so I will have to give it a re-watch.

Memories of it include Morris Barry, the director of TOMB OF THE CYBERMEN, having a fight with a revived corpse and Avon making making contact with a less than trustworthy old friend. And those Michelin men costumes of course.

Will give it another look and then update this with my thoughts on the story... :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
A good role for Ronald Lacey who always played tramps or mentally unstable killers previous to this! I still can't believe he was married to Mela White?
JB

The Seeker

The plague subplot was good, and of course Avon wanted to risk millions of lives just on the chance that Servalan might get the plague. Blake resisted so perhaps he isn't the fanatic we theorized before.
That’s what I like about Blake - he always takes the high road. The last scene was kind of sad.

johnnybear

Blake had principles and Avon didn't! Simple! Avon thought they'd kill Servalan and that's all that mattered even if it caused a galaxy wide plague! Still find it hard to believe though that Killer was the second filmed episode of the second series! How can you explain Gan's disappearance if you watch the episodes in production order?
JB

The Seeker

Sometimes Avon does the right thing. I’m never quite sure of his motives, though ultimately it could all be a matter of self-preservation.

As to your question about Gan - I don’t know.