News The King's Man (2020)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Third “Kingsman” Set For November 2019

kingsman-the-golden-circle-posters-tv-spots-696x464.jpg

20th Century Fox has reportedly set a November 8th 2019 release date for a third film in the “Kingsman” franchise reports Exhibitor Relations.

No cast or plot details have been revealed, but director Matthew Vaughn already teased the third film earlier this year, saying when they were writing the second film they already had a third in mind.

Vaughn will pen, direct produce the third entry, it isn’t clear if he’ll direct as well though it’s likely. Previous rumored reports have two major new characters joining the fray – the cocky young son of a British Duke, and an older man.

Doctor Omega

Fiennes, Dickinson Set For “Kingsman” Prequel

fiennes-dickinson-set-for-kingsman-prequel-696x464.jpg

More details have emerged regarding the Matthew Vaughn-directed third “Kingsman” film which recently set a November 8th 2019 release date.

The Daily Mail reports that rather than follow the Taron Egerton/Colin Firth storyline of the first two films, the new movie will actually be a WWI-era prequel with the two starts to be Ralph Fiennes and “Beach Rats” breakout Harris Dickinson in the key lead roles.

Previously it was suggested that a sequel, prequel and TV spin-off were planned with the sequel to come first, but it looks like that’s not the case. Vaughn is returning to write the film as well which will go into production shortly.

Doctor Omega

Taron Egerton Isn’t In “Kingsman 3”

taron-egerton-isnt-in-kingsman-3-696x464.jpg

It kickstarted his film career, but Taron Egerton won’t be reprising his role of Eggsy in the upcoming third “Kingsman” film at 20th Century Fox.

Reports have been that it will be a World War I-set prequel to the series dealing with the formation of the service and starring Harris Dickinson and Ralph Fiennes in the student-mentor relationship driving it. Out doing promotional rounds for the new “Robin Hood,” Egerton’s comments to Yahoo seem to confirm a prequel is what’s coming next:

“I don’t know how hot off the press this is, and I think I’m allowed to say it, but I’m not in the next Kingsman movie. That doesn’t mean I won’t be in Kingsman ever again. I was with Matthew [Vaughn] as little as a few days ago, we’re still very much in business together, but his next journey in that world doesn’t involve me. His idea for the new one is incredibly exciting. I’m sad that I won’t be on that journey with him, but it’s not the last you’ve seen of Eggsy.”

20th Century Fox has big plans for the franchise going forward with talk of a prequel, another sequel and a TV series. At last report the studio has a November 8th 2019 set aside for a “Kingsman” film though that’s very likely to change.

Doctor Omega

M1SrMs9.jpg

Serving as a prequel to the espionage action comedy film franchise, director Matthew Vaughn returns to helm this outing set nearly a century earlier and boasting much more of a period drama tone. Stepping into the student-mentor roles in place of the Egerton/Firth dynamic this time are “Beach Rats” breakout Harris Dickinson and acting veteran Ralph Fiennes. The WWI-set story will reportedly deal with the formation of the service and also stars the likes of Rhys Ifans as the manipulative Russian mystic villain along with Daniel Bruhl, Charles Dance and Matthew Goode in supporting roles.

Doctor Omega

Just ahead of their merger with Disney completing, 20th Century Fox has shifted around the release dates of some of the major remaining films on its slate.

The biggest shift is Matthew Vaughn’s “Kingsman” prequel. That film has been pushed back from November this year to a Valentine’s Day 2020 opening in February – essentially taking the old slot that the next James Bond film vacated last week in favor of an April 2020 opening.