Review Leonard Nimoy

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
They can recast the character as many times as they like....

Ultimately it will always come back to the fact that there is - and only ever will be - one Spock.

And that is Leonard Nimoy.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I have nothing against Quinto's portrayal, outside of him not being Nimoy. He does a very good job of giving an homage to the original performance, and Nimoy was quite pleased with him. But yes, there will only ever be one true Spock. And that is Billy Simpson, the voice of Young Spock in the episode Yesteryear of Star Trek: The Animated Series. :emoji_grin::emoji_vulcan:

Doctor Omega

Billy Simpson
Totally agree. The only actor to capture Spock's flat, blank "I don't actually understand a thing I am loudly saying" side.

His autobiography "WAIT A MINUTE.... I WAS SPOCK?" at least helped him make a dent in the decades of rehab bills.

On reflection the fact that Nimoy gets all the glory and never even acknowledged his debt to Simpson is mildly unforgivable.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
You know, this is rather funny, but looking up Billy Simpson on that database of movies and whatnot (I think they may have been a prominent website at one point, but I don't remember), I just learned that he went and grew up and became Whimsical Will, a mainstay on the old Dr. Demento radio show. Suddenly, I have a little. More. Respect. For. His. Terrible. Dialogue. Delivery.

Doctor Omega

The Real Leonard Nimoy Prank Call Feat. George Takei ( R.I.P 1931-2015 )

Rev prank calls Leonard Nimoy "Spock" using the voice of George Takei "Sulu". . Live long and prosper Leonard. Leonard Simon Nimoy R.I.P March 26, 1931 – February 27, 2015

Doctor Omega

Leonard Nimoy: an intelligent man being phoned by an idiot. Am somewhat gobsmacked that he really thought that was George though.