High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
This is going to be sold by scalpers and modded like crazy. The original NES is still selling for crazy prices. I think at times it's just better to buy a knock off console that plays 3 different game system cartridges is the best way to go. I was trying when they came out with the mini NES to get one. I figured at the stores the employees must have stashed a few. I will try to preorder this one. I really hope they come out with more of these ones. Who knows maybe it can be modded with original NES games on it even?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil To Produce ‘The Secret World’ TV Series Based On Video Game

the-secret-world.jpg

With thanks to Duzit for the following info......

Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil has partnered with G4C Innovation’s Gudrun Giddings to produce The Secret World, a television series based on the globally successful MMO game The Secret World and its recently released reboot Secret World Legends.

The TV adaptation, which is being written by James V. Hart (Hook, Crossbones) and Jake Hart, with former CSI: NY showrunner Pam Veasey on board as showrunner, will be based on the universe of the Secret World IP. It will center on a team of undercover agents and the shadowy war between secret societies: the Illuminati, Dragon and the Templar. Central to the plot is their battle against the supernatural in an adventure that spans across our world, and incorporates the realms of ancient myths and legends, as well as today’s conspiracy theories and headline news.

Johnny Depp, Christi Dembrowski, Sam Sarkar and Gudrun Giddings will produce with Veasey.

The Secret World is the ideal gaming experience to translate into a live-action episodic adventure,” said Veasey.

Created by Norwegian developer and publisher Funcom, the original game was first published in 2012 as one of that year’s top games .

The Secret World universe is full of stories just waiting to be told,” said Rui Casais, CEO of Funcom. From secret societies to myths and legends that are all coming true, The Secret World captures some of humanity’s greatest mysteries and asks ‘What if?'”

Giddings, who optioned the media rights to The Secret World in 2012, had been developing the project with Sarkar from its inception.

“It’s one of the most character driven and well developed games I know of and naturally lends itself to fantastical storylines with intriguing characters, a thrilling and binge-worthy international TV show,” Giddings said.

Added Sarkar, “From the moment Gudrun first brought this to me, I loved this property. I live for conspiracy theory. I don’t believe it, but I love it. This is the secret story of the people who rule the people who rule the world.”

The project was packaged by CAA.

The Secret World is the latest video game franchise to be developed as TV series. It follows Myst, a drama series based on the classic 1990s video game, which was given a script-to-series commitment at Hulu. And Paramount TV and Anonymous Content optioned the rights to the Battlefield video game property to adapt as a TV series.

Doctor Omega

New “Star Wars: Battlefront II” Gameplay Trailer

new-star-wars-battlefront-ii-gameplay-trailer-696x464.jpg

Ahead of Microsoft’s GamesCom presentation today, Electronic Arts has released a new trailer for their upcoming game “Star Wars: Battlefront II”.

The clip offers a first look at the game’s Starfighter Assault mode along with glimpses of some characters manning jet fighters including Yoda on a laser turret, and locations being used like Endor, Fondor, and Ryloth.

The game is set for release on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on November 17th with a beta set to run in the first week of October.

Doctor Omega

“Destiny 2” Gets A Launch Trailer

destiny-2-gets-a-launch-trailer-696x464.jpg

Immediately following its premiere at GamesCom, Bungie and Activision have released the official launch trailer for one of the Fall’s biggest video game titles – “Destiny 2” – which comes to current gen consoles (PS4, XB1) and PC on September 6th.

In the game, the last safe city on Earth has fallen and lays in ruins, occupied by a powerful new enemy and his elite army – the Red Legion. Every player creates their own ‘Guardian’ who must master new abilities and weapons to reunite the city’s forces, stand together and fight back to reclaim their home.

The trailer shows two members of the Vanguard, leaders of the Guardians, inspiring the people of the last city in an impassioned call to arms. The game, which boasts solo, cooperative and competitive play modes, is set within a vast, evolving universe.

Doctor Omega

Game Teaser Trailer: “Shenmue III”

game-teaser-trailer-shenmue-iii-696x464.jpg

It stole the show at Sony’s E3 2015 presentation. Now, after a $6+ million Kickstarter campaign, the long awaited “Shenmue III” has scored its first trailer which PlayStation released during the GamesCom convention in Europe earlier today.

Making his way from Japan to China on a quest to avenge his father, Ryo Hazuki grows from boy to man, encountering new friends, and foes alike, as he completes his Kung-fu training.

Built in Unreal 4 and set to be available on both PC and PlayStation 4, the game is expected to be available in the second half of 2018 according to the official site of Deep Silver who were announced last week as the game’s publisher for both physical and digital copies.

Doctor Omega

“Fear Effect” Gets A Remaster Next Year

fear-effect-gets-a-remaster-next-year.jpg

French studio Sushee has announced plans for a remake of the 2000 PlayStation game “Fear Effect”.

The original ran two-and-a-half hours and blended fixed camera angles (ala “Resident Evil”) with cel-shaded characters and full motion video backgrounds. The story followed a trio of mercenaries in Hong Kong who become caught up in a tale of triads, demons and Hell.

The remaster, part of the Square Enix Collective program, will maintain the fixed camera angles of the original but give the graphics a major overhaul which can be seen in the teaser trailer below.

“Fear Effect Reinvented” hits PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC next year.

Doctor Omega

t620x300.jpg

Watch the Assassin’s Creed Origins Game of Power Trailer and witness the growing struggle between powerful figures such as Cleopatra, Julius Caesar and the Pharaoh of Egypt, Ptolemy XIII.

Doctor Omega

“Assassin’s Creed Origins” World Featurette

assassins-creed-origins-world-featurette-696x464.jpg

Ubisoft has premiered a new video exploring the sizeable sandbox world of this Fall’s “Assassin’s Creed Origins” game which hits stores on October 27th.

The game’s director Ashraf Ismail and historian Maxime Durand talk about the key characters in the game you’ll encounter on your adventure through Ancient Egypt.

Discover the secrets behind the Great Pyramids, forgotten myths, the last pharaohs, and the origin of the Assassin’s Brotherhood.

Doctor Omega

The “Destiny 2” Live-Action Trailer

the-destiny-2-live-action-trailer-696x464.jpg

“Kong: Skull Island” director Jordan Vogt-Roberts has immediately followed up that creature feature with a new two-minute live-action commercial for next week’s release of the video game “Destiny 2”.

Activision, Bungie, 72andSunny, RSA Films, and Framestore have all collaborated on the preview which depicts the game’s heroic character Cayde-6 (Nathan Fillion) as he rallies three Guardians into a battle to defend Earth against the invading Red Legion.

In the game, the last safe city on Earth has fallen and lay in ruins, occupied by a powerful new enemy and his elite army, the Red Legion. Every player creates his own ‘Guardian’ character and must master new abilities and weapons to reunite the city’s forces, stand together and fight back.

“Destiny 2” will debut for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 6th.

Last edited: