Fun Our Even Earlier Posts!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I've posted on other forum sites, but most shoot us down. Saying we lack numbers, and stuff. Like I said countless times, we are a new site, no old forum posting, all fresh. Plus no trolls or rude people on here. I don't like toilet humour that I've seen on other sites.
I've always been rather fond of the double entendre humour to be found in CARRY ON films and many of the best British situation comedies.

I also don't mind the likes of FAMILY GUY, AMERICAN DAD and MONTY PYTHON.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I think that a lot of the other sites just copied and pasted the forum content of IMDB and then kind of just stopped evolving. I too, like the fact that this site has been grown from seed, with an intimacy amongst the members that does not really exist on the other sites. Making Ant-Mac an administrator was also a wise move in terms of keeping the place evolving and I have liked the recent restructuring and changes that have taken place under his adminlstration. The fact that trolls have never found a footing here is also great. Getting a rude response or sheer abuse to an innocuous post that you had made seemed to be a fact of life on IMDB. So, even if the IMDB forums were miraculously resurrected now, I would not want to go back. So, yes, we may be a sapling at the moment, but there is no reason why this place should not, one day, be a mighty oak. :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I've posted on other forum sites, but most shoot us down. Saying we lack numbers, and stuff
Yeah, I went to a couple of other sites too in the beginning but had to put on long-johns and a down jacket just to hand around....
those people are c-o-l-d!!!!! They can brag about their numbers and dis the lack of ours but not being a freaking penguin and/or having an overwhelming desire to live in the arctic.... why would I stay? I'd rather grow in small but worthy numbers than brag about being part of a site that's big but is just as hostile as IMDb got towards the end. And we are getting found! It may not be in huge droves and big spurts but most of those who come here end up staying. That's what makes us special. Our members are here because they want to be and they stay for the same reason! Like Doc said, growing into a mighty oak takes time. Personally, I wouldn't want to have thousands of members join over a couple of weeks or even a couple of months..... I don't want to lose what makes us, us. An enormous influx of people all at once would change the entire nature of who and what we are. I am not against growth, don't misunderstand me. But I'd rather have quality over quantity, which would serve to maintain the status quo. The chat feature for example, has turned into an enormous "lunchroom" for all us kids go to play in whenever we want to. It's brought us closer and allowed us to share in a way we might otherwise never have done (gotta love raunchy lunchroom humor.... and I'm still waiting for a good food fight to break out!). Hundreds of new members all at once would change that completely and I personally think it would be a terrible loss!

And thank you AM & Alex for all that you do and have done to help.

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And here's to us! :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:
Dancing in time to the beat of our own bunny!!!

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
Yeah, I went to a couple of other sites too in the beginning but had to put on long-johns and a down jacket just to hand around....
those people are c-o-l-d!!!!! They can brag about their numbers and dis the lack of ours but not being a freaking penguin and/or having an overwhelming desire to live in the arctic.... why would I stay? I'd rather grow in small but worthy numbers than brag about being part of a site that's big but is just as hostile as IMDb got towards the end. And we are getting found! It may not be in huge droves and big spurts but most of those who come here end up staying. That's what makes us special. Our members are here because they want to be and they stay for the same reason! Like Doc said, growing into a mighty oak takes time. Personally, I wouldn't want to have thousands of members join over a couple of weeks or even a couple of months..... I don't want to lose what makes us, us. An enormous influx of people all at once would change the entire nature of who and what we are. I am not against growth, don't misunderstand me. But I'd rather have quality over quantity, which would serve to maintain the status quo. The chat feature for example, has turned into an enormous "lunchroom" for all us kids go to play in whenever we want to. It's brought us closer and allowed us to share in a way we might otherwise never have done (gotta love raunchy lunchroom humor.... and I'm still waiting for a good food fight to break out!). Hundreds of new members all at once would change that completely and I personally think it would be a terrible loss!

And thank you AM & Alex for all that you do and have done to help.

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And here's to us! :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:
Dancing in time to the beat of our own bunny!!!
I know nothing about twitter but was wondering if any of you have a twitter account. If you do could you get people to check this site out from twitter?

duzit

Member: Rank 6
I for one am happy to be here & happy with the site family. As stated by DOC, Janine & others, other sites are bombarded with cold, mean, nasty, uncaring members & trolls. I feel safe here to be able to post without fear of any kind of attack. Best thing is how trolls have been dealt with. We may be small, but we are better than just OK...thanks for here to Alex, Ant-Mac & DR. O for making this our home♡♡♡

SoapboxQuantez08

Member: Rank 2
Due to many posters choosing social networking, such as facebook, forums are a bit of a dying breed.

However, the important thing is that this site is built to last.
>There are 2 reasons IMDb shot itself in the foot:
1. It allowed PM's. This encouraged trolling, since users could message people they didn't know well.
2. It allowed name-changing. This was also a problem, since users could change their name without even making a new e-mail. In the blink of an eye, the trolling would begin.

IMDb ultimately made the right call: When you can't punish the guilty, you need to punish everyone instead.
>But the bottom line is that "strict but fair" is what works, and IMDb was like a linebacker that was out of position to make the tackle.

Doctor Omega

1.jpg

Without wishing to tempt fate...

If this website were to sink below the waves and vanish tomorrow.....

What would you miss about it most?

And where the heck would we all go? :emoji_confused:

Doctor Omega

I would miss the good group of regulars that we have got together here so far.

Would also miss the troll-free environment. I doubt that anywhere else would be quite as scrupulous about such things. At least here we have largely had sometimes wildly differing viewpoints, but no unpleasant dissent. Just consideration of the other person's viewpoint and then a quiet agreement to differ.

As for where to go, I would tread water at IMDB2.0, while trying to avoid the trolls there, but with one eye keeping a lookout for any new island on the horizon, then set sail for that! :emoji_alien:

And hopefully would see all the IMDF regulars safely washed ashore there too! :emoji_alien:

Cast Away - Wilson.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

No update since March 2017.

This is how we were regarded back then.....

Created on February 5, 2017. Has a clean, easy-to-use format, and is mobile-friendly. Layout is similar to the IMDb general forum, so the familiarity is nice. Uses sophisticated software on a fast dedicated server, so it’s easily able to grow in size. Still couldn’t find any individual title forums for some popular movies, and the community looks a little lean, but it’s holding its own. It will be interesting to see if this site can sustain itself in the future.