Fun Our Even Earlier Posts!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I have to admit, I do worry somewhat for the future of this place. Traffic is slow, besides the remaining regulars and yes, while we have nigh on 400 members now, less and less of them seem to be posting. Quite a few familiar faces have vanished and the place reminds me somewhat of a mansion with lots of rooms but few guests.

I can't see things improving either as this place just.... fades away as an active concern, with people going somewhere more lively, thus accelerating the decline.

I guess that's why I started this post, so we can discuss the sad possibility that this place will be more or less a ghost town one day (if it isn't already) and also that we might have or share some ideas of where to go until we find a new "promised land". :emoji_alien: (Moviechat and IMDB2.0 seem to be the obvious boltholes for now.)

Or am I being too negative and pessimistic?

Can things get better?

Or is fading away an inevitability now? :emoji_confused:

I think that, structurally and on a technical level, this is still far and away still the best designed place out of all those that sprung from the IMDB ashes. But even a state of the art luxury cruise liner needs that regular influx of passengers to justify it's continuation. :emoji_alien:

I like to think that they will continue to arrive.

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I certainly don't want to tempt fate. I really enjoy hanging out here. The conversation is great, the folks are friendly, and no one yells at me for putting my feet on the coffee table, or for sitting on the leather couch naked (except for that time you all walked in on me, and we had that intervention about only doing it when everyone else is out). This is one of the few websites I actively check every day. I suppose, if the site were to end, I would search for a new place to throw my crazy thoughts and vent my frustrations. I know that there are a couple of other sites you guys have mentioned, and I would post there, but I would be thinking of this site the entire time.

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
I certainly don't want to tempt fate. I really enjoy hanging out here. The conversation is great, the folks are friendly, and no one yells at me for putting my feet on the coffee table, or for sitting on the leather couch naked (except for that time you all walked in on me, and we had that intervention about only doing it when everyone else is out). This is one of the few websites I actively check every day. I suppose, if the site were to end, I would search for a new place to throw my crazy thoughts and vent my frustrations. I know that there are a couple of other sites you guys have mentioned, and I would post there, but I would be thinking of this site the entire time.
I agree. I like this place but it needs more posters (a lot more) IMO this place could be better. It needs to be condensed. It has 108 different boards to click on. Just does not need that many. There is not near enough traffic for that many boards. I am sure others have ideas how to make this place even better.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Doctor if this place does fade into obscurity where will you go?
The only places I can think of are IMDB2.0 or MOVIECHAT. They seem to be the most lively, although I have not really explored MOVIECHAT very much at all.

I have posted on IMDB2.0 and it seems to have the spirit of IMDB, which is not a good thing in my opinion. Certainly Trolls are there and ready to try and spoil other people's enjoyment of a good discussion. But at least it is lively, with many posters. So I have both those places in reserve, but I doubt either are far from ideal.

IMDB2.0

http://imdb2.freeforums.net/

MOVIECHAT

https://moviechat.org/

I am sure others have ideas how to make this place even better.
That inspired me Hunter, so I have just stuck a new thread in the Welcomes and Introductions, so that members can give suggestions for improvement as soon as they have had a look round and joined. Might get some helpful feedback and ideas there, fingers crossed.

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/your-ideas-of-how-to-make-this-place-better.3826/