Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I am sorry, but I think that this tune is a load of old rubbish.

Where is the beat? Where is the rhythm?

It just seems to be plonking, scratching strings - and all over the place.

How did people bring themselves to dance to this stuff in discos of the time?

Not happy. :emoji_angry:

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
As someone who is a history buff and coming from a musical background, I like it. Yes, it's a mess of a tune, but to me it's fascinating to hear something like this bringing history to life, in a way. It's the same as modern brewers using beer recipes from ancient Egypt or chefs remaking dishes from the past. It makes learning about history more palatable for those who might not otherwise be inclined to study it.

But as far as putting it on my phone and jamming out to it? Nay, good sir. Not nearly enough Galileos.

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
Yes, this IS important! mjeyds.gif

We need more of this music so I'm promoting it here in the hopes that many people will appreciate her.

Version 2.0

Original:

Version 2.0

And disco music should sound like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

plsletitrain

Found it! I had some goosebumps because this just came across some playlist I also just stumbled upon (I spent days looking for this when I posted this thread then just moved on thinking I will never find it unless the music channel replies to me--to which they never did) and then for some reason, just a few minutes after trying my luck again, I stumbled on this--there has to be some divine intervention here. I think the gods pitied me.

Okay so this is really embarrassing. Thin Bono apparently is Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode. Don't laugh! *facepalm* I memorize Blasphemous Rumors and Somebody by heart but I never watched their videos so I didn't recognize him. The woman is really unrecognizable, apparently they're a goth band. I like the raspy voice. The music is enchanting. There were white horses too, not just black, and the setting is not a desert but some seashore. And oh, who said she looks like Barbra Streisand? *facepalm* Okay I won't post the music video because I really feel like hiding in my mom's skirt because this is really embarrassing. lol. It has a dark feel, so I was right, and yes, it is a nice song.

sitenoise

applause11.gif

He looks like Dave Gahan but also like a gaunt over-emoting Bono, and he does that Bono thing with his hand on his head. No facepalm needed on that one except maybe for seeing a five o'clock shadow as piercings.

I think of Goldfrapp as more of a hippie chick than a goth but she moves through different modes. When I saw her once she wore a bunch of flowing layered stuff and bare feet. It was at a dance theater so she was playing to that crowd. She favors synth beats over acoustic guitars but it still felt hippie. I have a few of her albums but haven't been following her lately.

So glad you found it. Nice song. I prefer the video you posted over the Official Video with distracting acting.

Doctor Omega

Must admit, I have a soft spot for this obscure and imo under-rated album of yesteryear by a prog rock band called PLUS.

Kind of like, if Edgar Allen Poe had ever joined a band and was going nuts on the drums..... :emoji_anguished:

Plus - The Seven Deadly Sins 1969 (FULL ALBUM) [Progressive rock]

Doctor Omega