Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
At first I thought he was going to be another Mickey but then we got Vampires of Venice with him calling the Doctor out.

You know what it's dangerous about you? It's not that you make people take risks, it's that you make them want to impress you. You make it so they don't want to let you down. You have no idea how dangerous you make people to themselves when you're around.
I was a fan from that moment on.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

The Doctor said "Run!" and she did....

But did you want to run away from her?

Is it like or dislike for Rose Tyler?

And, either way, why?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

He defended the Earth....

But will you defend him?

Is it like or disllike for Mickey Smith?

And, either way, why?

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I wasn't sold on Mickey until series 2. After he spends some time on Pete's World and then comes back a bad ass, he becomes a much more nuanced character. It still makes me laugh that he and Martha ended up together.He was spurned by Rose for the Doctor, and she was spurned by The Doctor because of Rose. Because of the blonde tart, they ended up happily ever after (okay, not a tart, but fickle towards the end).

Doctor Omega

Not really a companion, but you couldn't get away from him in Season 8....

And Clara loved him after all....

But was she alone in this view?

What about you?

Is it like or dislike for Danny Pink?

Last edited:

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I wanted to like him but he was regularly relegated to the background and in the end turned out to be pointless anyway.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Total prat, Rory could take him with an eyebrow, but would much rather have had more of him than - wotsername - his boring girlfriend.

chainsaw_metal1

I can't help it, I love the guy. He has a charisma that can't be beat. I wish they had gone into more detail about the "missing two years" of his life that he mentions in his premiere episode, but other than that, I thought he was a great addition to the show, and great in TORCHWOOD.

chainsaw_metal1

When I first watched The Runaway Bride, I hated Donna as a character. Subsequent viewings softened me on her, but she was so abrasive, I was glad she was a one and done. Then they announced that she was coming on full-time, and I had my reservations. But right from the get go, we see a different Donna. Wilf even makes the comment after she met The Doctor that first time that she was a better person. She still had her moments of abrasiveness, but she also had moments of real tenderness, and could be a sympathetic character. It was also nice to see a new companion at that point who had a real love for The Doctor that wasn't a romantic love, but rather one of true friendship and mutual respect.

My biggest problem was the Doctor/Donna meta-crisis and her needing to have her memory erased of him. It made for some great drama, and it still affects me when I watch it, but it still makes me angry.

chainsaw_metal1

Rory was the man. I wasn't sure about him in his introduction, simply because he seemed to be a filler character. I think I was sold about the same time Gavin was, with him telling the Doctor what was up. He really cemented my love for him when he punched The Doctor in The Pandorica Opens, and even more so when he stands up to the Cyberleader in A Good Man Goes to War.

Also, a lot has to be said of Arthur Darvil as an actor. He is equally impressive on DC's Legends of Tomorrow as Captain Rip Hunter. I would love to see a crossover between Rip and The Doctor.

Doctor Omega

While it may be unfair to judge a character on one short scene and a trailer or two, it is a sad fact that life can be unfair at times.

So, let the polling begin....

Is it already like or dislike for Bill Potts, based on your impressions of the scene and trailer below?

And either way, why?

And, lest you think this poll unfair, you can always change your vote once you have seen more of this new character in the forthcoming season....

But, for now, what are your first impressions?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Do you think he's one of the best companions ever?

Or do you wish the Doctor would remove his head again and throw it away this time?

Is it like or dislike for Nardole?

And, either way, why?

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

I found myself rather indifferent to him in The Husbands of River Song. He just seemed like the obligatory celebrity comic relief. But I really enjoyed him in The Return of Doctor Mysterio. I thought that he and The Doctor played off of each other very well. And his delivery about River at the end of the episode was touching. I don't know if I exactly love him yet, but I'm encouraged by his last outing.

chainsaw_metal1

I watched a brief interview with her earlier, and I think I'm going to like her character. Apparently, she's not going to be afraid to tell The Doctor off when needed, and she's a bit of a geek, which will be nice, especially given the setting.

And since the IMDb boards no longer exist, I don't have to read all off the posts from the Neanderthals whining about her being a gay person of color, and complaining about SJWs. Knuckle draggers.