Fun The Weather

streak1981

Member: Rank 3
549-ilustrasi_hujandok-696x341.jpg

How is it where you are?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that we're in the rainy season down here in Florida, but DAMN!!! The canal behind my parent's house is so full right now, that it's almost flooding the shit out of everyone's yards. There seems to be no end to this weather, either... Rain's predicted to continue well onto next week. Several businesses had to close due to flooding, & the area that my parent's live in (Davie, FLa) has been flooding in certain spots as well. We're not in a flood zone, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it gets to that point here, due to the canals.

Last edited by a moderator:

croft_alice

Member: Rank 4
I know that we're in the rainy season down here in Florida, but DAMN!!! The canal behind my parent's house is so full right now, that it's almost flooding the shit out of everyone's yards. There seems to be no end to this weather, either... Rain's predicted to continue well onto next week. Several businesses had to close due to flooding, & the area that my parent's live in (Davie, FLa) has been flooding in certain spots as well. We're not in a flood zone, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it gets to that point here, due to the canals.
I remember the 2010 floods in my home town...i know how it feels.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I'll trade you dry, hot as hell heat, with no breeze for some rain. Sad to say it but around here we act like idiots when our ditches flood, and water comes over the road. Kids use to swim in ditches, and get out boats and go boating around peoples yards. Most of the time around here it's mostly the corn fields flood over, unless it's a good rain. Even the park floods almost yearly, mainly it's the creek the flows in the park. One year it was so bad it flooded all the way up to the amphitheater about a foot up. That's where the mud line was, and no one could believe it was that high. That means the park was at least 4 feet deep up to get to the theater. up a small hill.

Christina

Member: Rank 1
I'll trade you dry, hot as hell heat, with no breeze for some rain. Sad to say it but around here we act like idiots when our ditches flood, and water comes over the road. Kids use to swim in ditches, and get out boats and go boating around peoples yards. Most of the time around here it's mostly the corn fields flood over, unless it's a good rain. Even the park floods almost yearly, mainly it's the creek the flows in the park. One year it was so bad it flooded all the way up to the amphitheater about a foot up. That's where the mud line was, and no one could believe it was that high. That means the park was at least 4 feet deep up to get to the theater. up a small hill.
I know what you mean!

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
There is sahara sand and Portugal smoke in the sky. Its a lovely shade of orange.
Yesterday it was 25C because of the hurricane going to Ireland. It blew hot air toward the Netherlands.