Controversial Trump

CoriSCapnSkip

Member: Rank 2
Difficult and nigh impossible as it is to believe at this point, Trump still has his defenders, at least one of whom is still among my Facebook friends. I posted the following on his latest little defense of Trump and attack blaming the Democrats as sore losers and portraying them as the only ones with a problem with the situation.

WHAT KIND OF UTTER NONSENSE IS THIS? I credited you with more common sense! I am not a Democrat, nor a shill for the Democratic Party, and what's more I am more than a little peeved at them for enabling this tragic disaster to befall our nation through their own choices, and I agree this situation could spell the end of both parties.

That does not change the fact that DONALD TRUMP IS AN ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, OBJECTIONABLE, DISGUSTING "HUMAN BEING" on every possible level and in every respect which makes the least difference. Most of his family are vile and loathsome and some are criminal. None of them have one single positive trait to possibly justify him, or any of them, being within a million miles of any position of power or responsibility, and about 99 zillion which would disqualify them, including habitual lying, cheating, stealing, and willful and deliberate stupidity as well as the hatefulness of targeting people different from them and trying to make their lives unlivable in every respect if not outright killing them. There is NOT ONE THING to defend about these despicable "people" or anyone who would defend them and anyone who works for or associates with them will probably end up as accessories to murder. I seriously DO NOT CARE whether Paul Hogan or anyone including Jesus Christ says Trump is a good golfer or has a pleasant manner. People who met Hitler made similar observations, and trying to glorify him is now a crime in some countries for good reason!

Whoever won or lost does not change the fact that evil is evil, crime is crime, and a villain is a villain. If Ted Bundy won as president simply because people didn't like Richard Ramirez, would you call everyone who objected anti-Hispanic sore losers for refusing to kiss Bundy's ass and declare him a sane, normal, rational human being? What if Bundy won against Jeffrey Dahmer? Would you say, "Get over it, at least Bundy only killed people instead of eating them, which makes him a perfectly wonderful president?" I SERIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE!!!!! Please acquaint yourself with some facts, not just alternative spins. I hold out hope for you.

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
I would bet the bank on this. Had Hillary won and picked Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court almost every Democrat would support him.

If Trump picked Jesus himself the Dems would not support him because of their hatred of Trump. To hell with what is good for Americans.

Just stop Trump.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I'm mad because Congress blocked Obama's appointment of Merrick Garland when he was well within his rights to appoint him, having many days in office left. Why should Trump deserve better?

I will say one good thing about Trump - he inspires people to be vigilant. They'd sleepwalk through a Hillary presidency, though they might say something if she nominated someone as conservative as Gorsuch.

I_dont_care

Member: Rank 1
Fear of Diversity Made People More Likely to Vote Trump
https://www.thenation.com/article/fear-of-diversity-made-people-more-likely-to-vote-trump/

March 14, 2017 |
Civic EngagementDemocracy & ElectionsGovernment & the Public Sector
| The Nation | Sean McElweeJason McDaniel
[...] In short, our analysis indicates that Donald Trump successfully leveraged existing resentment towards African Americans in combination with emerging fears of increased racial diversity in America to reshape the presidential electorate, strongly attracting nativists towards Trump and pushing some more affluent and highly educated people with more cosmopolitan views to support Hillary Clinton. Racial identity and attitudes have further displaced class as the central battleground of American politics. [...]

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Trump gave classified information to Russians

And yet, reading the comments on Yahoo, people are still defending him, and using the classic misdirection to keep everyone from seeing what's going on. You can't make this up, we're living in a bad sitcom.

Last edited by a moderator:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Not sure what the information was, but apparently, he ushered the US media out of the Oval Office when some Russian officials came in, and the information was passed on then. From what's being reported, the information was sensitive enough to warrant charges levied against him.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Not sure what the information was, but apparently, he ushered the US media out of the Oval Office when some Russian officials came in, and the information was passed on then. From what's being reported, the information was sensitive enough to warrant charges levied against him.
I'm actually watching some live footage from various American cable networks on YouTube.

If someone had written any of this stuff in a novel just a year ago, the critics would have laughed him or her out of the book shop.

And for your further perusal...

POTUS: Putin’s Own Trained Unsuspecting Simpleton.

POTUS: Political Oaf That’s Unbelievably Stupid.

POTUS: Period Of Terrifyingly Unusual Situations.

POTUS: Pissed Off Tweeter Unveils Secrets.

POTUS: Pile Of Tremendously Unstable Shit.

I did them as jokes, but it seems to me they are all coming true - one by one...

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Apparently it's being denied by several supposedly reputable people who were in the room. But even if it's not true, its a sign of how deep the impression of Trump's ties to Russia people have, that a story like this would be even vaguely credible. If an anonymous source had said this about any other president with immediate denials from others in the room, the story wouldn't have gained any traction. In fact, it probably wouldn't have been reported widely at all. But given the widespread belief about Trump (and others within the White House) and Russian influences, the default position of most people is to believe the stories.