Review Cartoons

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
That was one of my favorites! My brother and I had all the toys. I also liked Gumby, the Smurfs, Voltron, and Jem. My brother loved the Transformers. Sometimes we watched G.I. Joe.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Oh you fluffy young things - "classics" forsooth!

Tom and Jerry, Yogi Bear, Flintstones and Top Cat were always there...
and a bit later Scooby Doo and Whacky Races.

But for proper Sixties cred, there was Fireball XL5 before even Thunderbirds - but you may try to argue you meant just 2D cartoons not puppets, so I'm playing hardball now:

Captain Pugwash and Noggin the Nogg - both 5 minutes of perfection before parents insisted on this thing called "watching the news".

divemaster13

Member: Rank 4
I never got into the superhero or robot stuff, so no He-Man or Voltron or Transformers. Never got into Justice League or similar. For me it was all about Bugs Bunny / Roadrunner / Daffy / Sylvester / etc. I always rooted for the coyote and wanted so bad for Sylvester to eat that damn Tweety Bird. I also liked Tom and Jerry. The early Scooby Doos were creepy and fun, but after they started going for laughs with "Scrappy Do" and Uncle Scuzzy or whatever, it became terrible.

The first cartoon I can ever remember watching was Underdog, so it holds a special place in my heart. As does Hong Kong Phooey.

Later, as an adult, I appreciated the genius that is Rocky and Bullwinkle. 80% of the humor only makes sense from an adult perspective. Kids won't get most of it.

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Wow. Cartoons were a huge part of my childhood. A quick list of the best, in my own humble opinion.

-SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS
-THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN
-ROCKY & BULLWINKLE
-TRANSFORMERS
-HE-MAN
-Anything LOONEY TUNES
-TOM & JERRY
-THE NEW ARCHIES
-SUPER FRIENDS
-SCOOBY-DOO
-BATMAN (technically didn't show until my teens, but still great)
-X-MEN (same)
-ANIMANIACS (ditto - in college, I used to run the five blocks from my last class to my apartment to watch it)
-VOLTRON