How Authentic a Trek Show is This?

• This feels like the real deal!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Have these guys even watched the original series?

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • I'm still on the fence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GhostOfTheWest

Member: Rank 1
header-dsc-new-logo.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just starting a thread for any production news for the new show as it come out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to Season 3............

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: SEASON 3........

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/discovery-season-3.6875/

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Yet another one?. I didn't knew ! Discovery is called?, I hope it does not involve yet another villain to defeat.. it is getting repetitive now, they need to come up with a new danger, maybe a global cataclismic event, a new quadrant..

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Anyone know the basic premise?

I know it's set ten years before Kirk's five year mission and I've read somewhere that it involves an event mentioned in the original series.

Doug Jones is apparently playing a new alien.

I also gather that the ship has a captain (Yeoh) but they're like a background character or something (like Bartlet was supposed to be in The West Wing before they abandoned that idea).

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Those New Look KLINGONS!

Well, they are certainly different....

axuprlrk8rqphougwgwp.png

So, what does everyone think?

Rubbish?

Or brilliant?

And what about the continuity?

I mean, in ten years time, during Kirk's era, they somehow metamorphose into this...

Star-Trek_The-Original-Series_Klingons.jpeg

Do you care about the contradiction?

Does continuity matter?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I just wish it wasn't a prequel, full stop.

Then we could have just called them a new race encountered in the 25th century, long after Picard's era.

Instead of yet another version of the ever-changing Klingons.

Hux

I'm not too fussed. As long as they're Klingon in nature and maintain that two dimensional warrior culture, it doesn't matter too much if they have five head ridges or twelve.

Even in the TNG era, some Klingons had wavy horizontal lines while others had vertical bumps.

As long as they growl, drink blood wine and constantly bang on about honour... I'm happy.

Hux

I like the general look (has an appropriate retro feel) but does anyone else think the special effects in the video are a bit... meh.