Spoilers Game of Thrones (2011)

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I think he might be castered, but you never know the way this show is. Plus, wouldn't he stand out with the others and that would be pointed out many times?

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
No, Im waiting till tuesday to watch. For me the show has lost its magic a bit. So Im not really hyped up for a new episode.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
No, Im waiting till tuesday to watch. For me the show has lost its magic a bit. So Im not really hyped up for a new episode.
I'm still playing catch up in season 5 and not overly motivated. Having read the books, it seems that the quality of the show has reduced as they move further away from the source material.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
So, what are your thoughts on this season so far.
I must say, I loved Daenerys going to battle on her dragon.
And seriously, Jaimie needs to grow some balls. I loved the scene with him and Olenna and how she had the last laugh.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Game Of Thrones Deaths Counted Down PokeRap Style Is As Catchy As It Is Traumatizing

Warning: The above video and post below contain big, huge, bloody Game of Thrones spoilers. Unless you don’t care about having literally Game of Thrones death spoiled, tread carefully.

Hey, remember the PokeRap? For those unfamiliar with the early seasons of the Pokemon anime, the PokeRap was a song (not an actual rap by any stretch of the definition) that counted down the original 151 critters. It was almost as memorable as the main “Gotta Catch ‘em All” theme song, and the primary reason pretty much everybody who grew up during the 90s can still rattle off the names of the classic 151.

Really, the PokeRap is a great way to remember any long list of things – just swap out the Pokemon for, say, state capitals or the increasingly long and bloody list of Game of Thrones characters that have been brutally slaughtered. That’s what the folks at Dorkly did, and it works surprisingly well. It helps that a lot of the names in Game of Thrones kind of sound like they’re ripped from a Pokemon game. Kurleket? Mossador? Hodor? If GoT hadn’t beat them to it, those totally would have ended up as Pokemon names eventually.

Oh, and somehow the Game of Thrones Rap is actually 30 seconds longer than the PokeRap. I lost exact count, but Dorkly manages to name over 100 GoT characters killed on screen, although a solid half dozen of those kills are just “a baby.” Game of Thrones has killed a lot of babies, guys. Like, maybe one or two (or a half dozen) too many. Why are we watching this show again?

Need a little light hearted palate-cleanser after all that bloodshed? Why not check out the original PokeRap?

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
It is possible for a castrated man to still feel some sexual desire and even to get an erection and have sex. It's rare because the loss of testosterone significantly reduces the sex drive but it's not unheard of.

rickyjazz09

Member: Rank 1
The Game of Thrones Season 7 is the hugely popular and the interesting show that has the highest number of viewers. The Game of Thrones season 7 episode 6 has been leaked before the five days of air. It happens by the mistake of HboSpain but there is no affect on the image of the show. The short videos and the clips are viral on the social media but Fans prefer to watch game of thrones season 7 Episode 6 online, instead of torrent sites or the video clips. How many fans of the Game of thrones are here and how much disappointed by this?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Explaining That “Thrones” Time Compression

explaining-that-thrones-time-compression-696x464.jpg

The recent sixth episode of the seventh season of “Game of Thrones” boasted some spectacular battles and major moments, but in the wake of its screening on Sunday there’s been a lot of talk about the episode’s shortcomings and how it crystallised a problem that has been plaguing the show this season – time compression.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR SEASON 7, EPISODE 6

HBO’s fantasy drama has famously taken its time in the past and shown how the vast world these characters inhabit takes time to traverse. That’s kind of gone out the window this season as key characters are coming together at a speed at which breaks credibility.

In particular, it was this episode which sees Gendry running back to Eastwatch, sending a raven to Daenerys, and Daenerys arriving to save the day with her dragons all seemingly taking place within hours to a day or so while the others were trapped in the middle of a lake.

Alan Taylor, who directed the episode, has explained how the production team approached the timeline during filming. He tells Variety:

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy. We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments.

We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there.

I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”

It’s cool that the show is so important to so many people that it’s being scrutinized so thoroughly. If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”

The current seventh season wraps this coming Sunday while the six-episode final season is slated to begin production soon.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I know there are some inconsistencies but so far, this season has been the best in Game of Thrones, ever... period. I hated the series when it was under the arm of George Martin... sorry old guy but your world is awesome, you're actual writing.. not fit to a TV show.

So far the series has focused so much on the minor details that made the world so disgusting.. focusing so much on the bad stuff the series was turned to almost unwatchable... I didn't enjoy a full 50 minutes chapter of a disgraced bastard torturing a poor guy.. sorry, that's just not my kind of entertainment nor it is watching evil kings doing whatever they please... I get the concept but the over-exposition of gross-unwatchable-disgusting characters was... just over-the-top and too much.

On the other hand, the over-interesting concept of the white walkers and the winter is coming.. the eternal battle between the force of fire and ice is what drove me to the series in the first place and I AM DELIGHTED that the whole show is progressing at a incredible pace with things I always wanted to watch in Game of Thrones.

This season, like I read in another article is seriously into the fan-made fiction paradise. For me, having Marting out of ideas was the best thing that could happen to the show.