DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
The Love of my Life

Hey everyone, I want to share this short story with all of you, because it's great and changed my life so much for the better. And this Category is way too empty, so let's fill this up with loads of feelgood stuff because pets [and other animals] are just amazing!

A few years ago I had a lot of people issues, some health problems and after a break in into my old house I ended up being super depressed about all of it. I was stuck at home, didn't like leaving my house except for groceries and never left home without my headphones to avoid any human contact. After moving to a new neighbourhood and living there for almost 2 years I barely spoke with anyone around here, wich is a shame because there's alot of good folks living here.

After getting new neighbours, dog owners, I was confronted with my solitairy life choices and had a good time thinking about maybe getting a pet to help me get out more and socialize again. Going over my finances, seeing how I could barely afford a pet, I decided to go on the net and browse dogs that were in need of a new home. Seeing more than 50 profiles and dogpics I kept coming back to this one face that left a impression and after some consideration I made up my mind and just went for it.

Meet Luna Luna.png Yes, the same one as my profile picture! :p She is 4,5y old now and June this year it will be two years already. She's a fullblood American Stafford Terrier, weighs approx 25kg, that's 20kg of muscles and 5 ish kg of dog lol.

She has had a rough first two years with humans, learned nothing except sit and down, so sad. Ended up in the Rescue Center, been there a year and worst of that year was a woman picked her up, had her for a month, couldn't control her and brought her back :oops: Made me cry inside.

I called the Dog Rescue Center [located 75km away from my city] and made the appointment, went over there [a m8 drove me there, so nice of him] and just fell in love at the first sight. After some talking I was desperate to take her home immediately and even though this wasn't their policy, I convinced them that I came to take her home that day.

So we jumped into the car to go back home, my home and her new home. So excited yet nervous and that was both of us lol.

Screenshot_9.png

When we got home she was obviously curious and all over the place to smell everything, but she was looking fine and calm. After a while she just went down to the floor to cool down, so comfy I guess.

Screenshot_10.png

A few minutes later she figured out that the couch was way more comfy than the wood floor, stretch herself out and slowly them eyes were closing :rolleyes:

Screenshot_11.png

I guess she felt a bit lonely there as I was sitting on my own spot being all comfy and then she came over to lay with me :D

Screenshot_13.png She's been with me like that everyday from day one. I cannot keep her in her own bed for more than 10-15min, she will just get up and lays herself next to me or all curled up between my legs :p wether I want it or not lol...

She loves being outside as she is a highly active breed and needs to be able to run, get all crazy and play a lot, attention seeker is her middle name.

Here she is in the garden being all pretty. One of the best pics I took up to date, together with one I had made for my m8 for a potential Footlocker advertisement.

Be warned, these are huge and Full HD, so expect some loading https://i.imgbox.com/ZI5ZqjXu.jpg

And this one is with my m8s shoe :rolleyes: https://i.imgbox.com/xCzhDyoT.jpg

We are having a blast and I am still in love, sofar I can tell she is too and we have many moments that make me so happy that I could just hug her to bits, hahaha... We cuddle up everyday and we look to eachother as it was meant to be like: Screenshot_18.png

She is a crazy dog too, loves bushes [yes you are reading that correct] and the neighbours dog Max, a 45kg 2y old Shar Pei, is a great friend.

Here are a few video's I made, enjoy!

Luna and her love for bushes

Luna & Max playing for the 1st time [2 video's].

She saved me after I saved her. I get around the neighbourhood a lot now and am atleast 70% less depressed than before. We saved eachother and still going strong! Best decision I have made in the last few years and I made a few shitty ones too, so that's pretty awesome I guess :p

I hope you enjoyed our story and may it give you a warm feeling inside, this is where dogs/pets are for.

Screenshot_19.png

Last edited by a moderator:

streak1981

Member: Rank 3
She's so pretty!!!

Love your cat, too, sitenoise. Always been partial to them. I have a 4 year old black male named Booboo.

elanor

Member: Rank 3
Hey everyone, I want to share this short story with all of you, because it's great and changed my life so much for the better. ...
I hope you enjoyed our story and may it give you a warm feeling inside, this is where dogs/pets are for.
Thank you for sharing.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Please meet Freddy...
PHOTOGRAPH - Freddy (07).jpg
He was my mother's dog, but after she died in 2012, he came to live with me.
PHOTOGRAPH - Freddy (11).JPG
In my family, they are considered to be family members, not pets.
PHOTOGRAPH - Freddy (15).jpg
The same is also true for the various cats and dogs who have shown up on our doorstep from time to time...

Heeeeey

Member: Rank 2
Please meet Freddy...
View attachment 199
He was my mother's dog, but after she died in 2012, he came to live with me.
View attachment 200
In my family, they are considered to be family members, not pets.
View attachment 201
The same is also true for the various cats and dogs who have shown up on our doorstep from time to time...
Same here. I miss my 'babies' more than many relatives. I guess it's because they give us nothing but joy and love whereas some relatives were nothing but a pain in the ass.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Congratulations on finding a valued friend.:emoji_dog2::emoji_sunny::emoji_relaxed:
On more than one occasion, they seem to have found me - or my family.

Years ago, my mother got home from shopping and got out of the car to carry some bags into the house. When she came back outside, she found a young Australian Kelpie pup sitting in her seat, behind the steering wheel. Several cats have also managed to show up on our doorstep at one point or another over the years.