Information Man pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru when he can't get a McMuffin

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by High Plains Drifter, Nov 2, 2017.

1. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter The Drifter
    VIP

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...e-thru-when-he-cant-get-a-mcmuffin/ar-AAum2hj

Man pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru when he can't get a McMuffin

Police in Ohio say they're looking for a man who pulled out a gun after being told by a McDonald's drive-thru worker there were no Egg McMuffin sandwiches available.

Police say the incident occurred shortly after 3:30 a.m. Wednesday at a McDonald's in Warren, about 60 miles southeast of Cleveland.

The worker told police that two men inside the car appeared to be around 20 years old. She said the driver called her a vulgar name after pulling out the gun and then cursed at her again before driving away.

Warren police hope to identify the men using surveillance video footage.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Seeker

The Seeker Member: Rank 5

Damn! That's a pretty extreme reaction. Good thing he didn't actually shoot someone, though I would have wet my pants if I was the poor woman behind the window.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

America, ladies and gentlemen! Because Second Amendment, yo!

I grew up with a dad who was a gun owner, and a hunter, and for a while, a member of the NRA. He taught my sister and I gun safety, and drilled it into us that guns were not toys. I also had two parents who taught my sister and I common sense. While I no longer have any desire to use guns in any capacity, I know there are many like my dad and other guys I have known who aren't the idiots who are used as poster children for those who are anti-gun. But the caveat is that, in the end, many of those who end up going on a shooting spree were once one of those "lawful gun owners" who no one ever suspected.

And, let's face it, how many other countries do you hear about this happening in?
    I know you wrote this with the utmost sincerity, but the way it played in my head was with the same inflection that Farrell says "That escalated quickly".

• Like Like x 2
  4. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I remember common sense. Of course, it was much more common when I was a kid.

When I was a child, I spent six years travelling around the country with my parents. Along the way, my father - a former WWII soldier, state copper and federal police officer - bought a .303 with a telescopic sight from a local cop he was friends with. He bought it for protection because there was some civic unrest in various parts of the country. However, after our travels ended, he sold it again.

He wasn't the sort to act foolishly with a firearm and when I was allowed to use it, it was under strict supervision. He also only ever threatened one person with it - and luckily for that person - they were wise enough not to test my father's resolve in the matter.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Love this film.....

Still can't believe it is the same director as BATMAN AND ROBIN!