Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Mary Poppins Returns is an upcoming American musical fantasy comedy film directed by Rob Marshall and written by David Magee. It is the sequel to the 1964 film Mary Poppins. The film stars Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Meryl Streep, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters and Colin Firth. Set 25 years after the 1964 film, it will feature Mary Poppins, the former nanny of Jane and Michael Banks, re-visiting them after a tragedy in the family leaves them numb and joyless. The film is scheduled for release on December 25, 2018, giving it one of the longest gaps between film sequels in history.

The whole thought of this leaves me completely numb and joyless... and I love EB! :emoji_cry: :emoji_angry:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Nothing will ever beat the original..............

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"SCARY MARY" - Original Trailer.......

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Photos From 'Mary Poppins Returns' Set

Filming for Mary Poppins Returns is well underway.

Emily Blunt was spotted on set, cycling around a foggy Buckingham Palace with co-star Lin Manuel Miranda who plays Jack in the movie.

Although we originally thought the movie was set to be a remake, that appears not to be the case. Here is how Disney have described the plot:

In Depression-era London, a now-grown Jane and Michael Banks, along with Michael's three children, are visited by the enigmatic Mary Poppins following a personal loss. Through her unique magical skills, and with the aid of her friend Jack, she helps the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives.

le-riprese-di-mary-poppins-a-londra-666x444.jpg

photos-miranda-shoots-mary-poppins-returns.jpg

241279_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

241283_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

241284_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Didn't Dick van Dyke say he was going to be in this?

It'll go the current trend of trying to make the story more 'dark', which will play as simply silly--like trying to make a marshmallow cream puff more 'dark'. The only improvements I could see coming of this would be to make Poppins truer to her original literary conception--more acerbic, less sugary than Andrews--and maybe some slightly more authentic Cockney accents, lol. I've never been much of a fan of the original (I way preferred the P.L. Travers book), but I can't see this being much, or any, sort of an improvement on it.

Doctor Omega

First Official “Mary Poppins Returns” Photos

first-official-mary-poppins-returns-photos-696x464.jpg

Walt Disney Pictures has released a bunch of first look photos and art “Mary Poppins Returns,” their upcoming sequel to the 1964 family film classic.

Rob Marshall helms the film which stars Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Angela Lansbury and Dick Van Dyke.

Set in 1930s Depression-era London, ‘Returns’ is drawn from elements of author PL Travers’ additional seven books in the series. In the story, Michael (Whishaw) and Jane (Mortimer) are now grown up, with Michael, his three children and their housekeeper, Ellen (Walters), living on Cherry Tree Lane.

After Michael suffers a personal loss, the enigmatic nanny Mary Poppins (Blunt) re-enters the lives of the Banks family, and, along with the optimistic street lamplighter Jack (Miranda), uses her unique magical skills to help the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives.

“Mary Poppins Returns” is scheduled for a release December 25th 2018.

rc0VvJhl.jpg

9Rn0XHql.jpg

qvmet6Wl.jpg

0sWLI0Wl.jpg

lJuwrn4l.jpg

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Presumably so we can hear the critics rave, yet again, over one of Meryl Streep's unconvincing British accents.
Generally speaking, I enjoy most of Meryl Streep's work, but I'm not quite sure she has the range that most people seem to credit her with.

Have you heard Meryl Streep's unconvincing Australian accent?

Stone the flamin' crows... :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

Andrews Won’t Cameo In “Mary Poppins Returns”

julie-andrews-wont-be-in-mary-poppins-returns-696x464.jpg

While Julie Andrews has given her endorsement to the project, director Rob Marshall has confirmed that the legendary actress and singer will not be appearing in the upcoming “Mary Poppins Returns”.

Marshall tells EW this week that Andrews, who played the titular magical nanny in the original 1964 classic, was offered the chance but turned it down and explained that it was essentially not to step on the toes of the new Mary Poppins, Emily Blunt:

“Julie was incredibly gracious, and we talked about it in a very general way but she made it clear right up front. She said, ‘This is Emily’s show, and I really want it to be Emily’s show. I don’t want it to be, ‘Oh, here comes that Mary Poppins.’ I don’t want that. I really want her to take this and run with it because she will be brilliant.”

While Andrews won’t appear, Dick Van Dyke from the original film is slated to pop up in the film which is set in 1930s Depression-era London and sees the now grown up Banks children Michael (Ben Whishaw) and Jane (Emily Mortimer), three children and their housekeeper.

After Michael suffers a personal loss, the enigmatic nanny (Blunt) re-enters their lives and, along with the optimistic street lamplighter Jack (Lin-Manuel Miranda), uses her unique magical skills to help the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives.

“Mary Poppins Returns” is set to open in theaters on December 25th 2018.

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Generally speaking, I enjoy most of Meryl Streep's work, but I'm not quite sure she has the range that most people seem to credit her with.

Have you heard Meryl Streep's unconvincing Australian accent?

Stone the flamin' crows... :emoji_wink:
A DENGO AYTE MAH BAYBAY!

Yes, I enjoy much of her work (okay, there was Ricki and the Flash), but I tend to think she's rather vastly oversold on her ability with accents.