Information McClane (Die Hard 6): ANNOUNCED

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Sixth “Die Hard” To Be Called “McClane”

sixth-die-hard-to-be-called-mcclane-696x464.jpg

Turns out “Logan” may have started a trend with word today that the next “Die Hard” film, the sixth overall in the series, isn’t going by either the “Old Habits Die Hard” or “Die Hard: Year One” titles that have been rumored so far.

Instead, producer Lorenzo diBonaventura confirms to Empire that the new installment will be going by the simple title of “McClane”. He also says that the film won’t just have Bruce Willis in a bookending cameo for what is otherwise a prequel spin-off film.

Rather it sounds like the new movie will adopt a “Godfather Part 2” style approach – jumping back-and-forth between the present and past when John McClane was a rookie cop in his twenties with both timelines getting a fairly equal share of the runtime:

“We want you to get invested in John McClane more than ever before. I don’t know how you do Die Hard without Bruce – the idea that he’s not very significant in this movie is not accurate at all. We are gonna explore John McClane in his twenties. But just as prominent is the 60-year-old version.”

The previous film in the series, 2013’s fifth entry “A Good Day to Die Hard,” was widely savaged by critics. Yet the last three films have all performed pretty much the same at the box-office – turning $90 million budgeted films in to $300+ milllion global box-office hauls and strong home video sales.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Sixth “Die Hard” To Be Called “McClane”

View attachment 9875

Turns out “Logan” may have started a trend with word today that the next “Die Hard” film, the sixth overall in the series, isn’t going by either the “Old Habits Die Hard” or “Die Hard: Year One” titles that have been rumored so far.

Instead, producer Lorenzo diBonaventura confirms to Empire that the new installment will be going by the simple title of “McClane”. He also says that the film won’t just have Bruce Willis in a bookending cameo for what is otherwise a prequel spin-off film.

Rather it sounds like the new movie will adopt a “Godfather Part 2” style approach – jumping back-and-forth between the present and past when John McClane was a rookie cop in his twenties with both timelines getting a fairly equal share of the runtime:

“We want you to get invested in John McClane more than ever before. I don’t know how you do Die Hard without Bruce – the idea that he’s not very significant in this movie is not accurate at all. We are gonna explore John McClane in his twenties. But just as prominent is the 60-year-old version.”

The previous film in the series, 2013’s fifth entry “A Good Day to Die Hard,” was widely savaged by critics. Yet the last three films have all performed pretty much the same at the box-office – turning $90 million budgeted films in to $300+ milllion global box-office hauls and strong home video sales.
As a die hard fan of the DIE HARD franchise, I reckon that rather than calling it MCCLANE, they should just call it a day instead.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
With the “Pet Sematary” remake out in cinemas from today, the film’s producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura was out doing media interviews this week and sat down with Slashfilm to discuss many of the franchise sequels he’s involved in that are in the works.

He says there’s no start date as yet for “McClane,” the sixth and likely final “Die Hard” film and he doesn’t know what’s happening there because of the Disney-Fox deal: “My sense is that we won’t know much about it for a while… I don’t know enough about their plans really to have any point of view. They like our script.”